I got this idea from just recently seeing Wall-E and Laputa: Castle in the Sky very close together. I was thinking about a third film to complete the "Lonely Robot" trilogy. The Iron Giant? AI? What would be the best order to view them in?

Then I thought - I like the idea of sitting down and watching three independently made films that have a strong connection between them back-to-back-to-back. So I want your suggestions. What are some good unofficial trilogies that would be good to watch together, and in what order? Any connection is possible (plot, theme, mood etc), though try to avoid basic stuff like three random films from the same genre, or three random films starring the same actor, or by the same director - in the these cases, more of a connection would be more interesting, such as the "Brad Pitt vs. WWII" trilogy (Allied, Fury, Inglorious Basterds, in that order). Or you could post a trilogy and NOT state what the connection is because (a) it might be a spoiler, or (b) just for fun (e.g., Psycho, To Live and Die in LA, and Death Proof).

Recommendations please!.