Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: DukeTV (twitch / youtube / MC watch party)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    They can get complicated, but if you're interested in getting into it, I would start with Titan Quest. Very solid Diablo clone.
    I love a dungeon crawler. Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes for xbox is a flawed game that feels like it had budget restraints, but I've beaten it at least 3 times. I love it. I loved the Fable series (though that 3rd one was way too easy even for me).

I get jammed when it goes next level up RPG for me. The Skyrims and Fallout 3s...I try my ass off, but I just cant...what I call in gaming...see the path. I really enjoy watching people play those games because theyre super well made. Same with Metal Gear series. I have watched the entirety of Metal Gear Solid through the ps2 ones. Amazing. Cant play through the first hour myself. Its just not my skill set.

One of my bucket list goals is to beat a Final Fantasy. 7-10 I've been so close to winning. I cross that invisible third act line where "now you can't go back" and I'm FUCKED. I've seen them all beat through my friends. They kinda lost me after 10. Then it was all fast action and I couldn't keep up. Again I blame upbringing lol, I was allowed to play lots of killy games but anything with magic or demons was absolutely forbidden. I didn't see any of that kind of gaming until I was 19 and lived on my own.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    It's funny you say you got lost in FF gamaes after 10, because that was around where I lost interest too. I remember playing FF12 and thinking, this isn't very fun.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It's funny you say you got lost in FF gamaes after 10, because that was around where I lost interest too. I remember playing FF12 and thinking, this isn't very fun.
    I watched my roommate play through it and I could barely understand what was happening. I totally understand if you grew up playing FF, its the next evolution, all those terms are second nature. But to me, I was in slow motion. I tried to play it myself and I got through about ten hours, but then when it went to next step up I completely got my ass kicked and lost interest.

7-10 though...masterpieces. Did you ever play Legends of Dragoon (I think it was called?)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I watched my roommate play through it and I could barely understand what was happening. I totally understand if you grew up playing FF, its the next evolution, all those terms are second nature. But to me, I was in slow motion. I tried to play it myself and I got through about ten hours, but then when it went to next step up I completely got my ass kicked and lost interest.

7-10 though...masterpieces. Did you ever play Legends of Dragoon (I think it was called?)
    No. I loved the turn based aspect of them and hated when they went OPEN WORLD with XII.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

No. I loved the turn based aspect of them and hated when they went OPEN WORLD with XII.
    SAME. Check out some videos of Dragoon, might be something you want to play. Very much felt in that same FF7-9 play. Man I can't believe how lucky I was to buy those games right before they became retro-cool expensive.

Depending on how the next 24 hours go, I may suspend DukeTV until it feels right to try to enjoy gaming again. I dunno, it just feels weird to try to ignore everything that's going on.

I was just going to say you might not see me tomorrow night, pending on the pulse of the community.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

No worries Duke. World is not right

Do what you gotta do, Duke.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I would feel more-useful if say Scar's watch round was during the same time so he could at least have a little entertainment on his phone or something.

I would feel more-useful if say Scar's watch round was during the same time so he could at least have a little entertainment on his phone or something.
    Bac0n was doing community watches. I rely on caffeine until things calm down.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

No stream tonight. Will be back on Weds.

We are a go tonight folks.

I downloaded the Twitch app but I can't get it to work. I'm guessing my crap internet is the problem.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I downloaded the Twitch app but I can't get it to work. I'm guessing my crap internet is the problem.
    Were you using 4G? Sometimes I find the phone apps work better than desktop.

Thanks for hanging out guys. <3

Just logged on to see it was over. June/July can be really busy for me. I hope I can make it back soon.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Just logged on to see it was over. June/July can be really busy for me. I hope I can make it back soon.
    You missed the AA-12!

We blew through American Nightmare so we are onto the next thing you guys want to see. All those games you mentioned are on my wishlist for the upcoming summer sale.

Anna: Extended Edition - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmY...ture=emb_title
    Call of Cthulhu (NEW ENTRY)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzE0quxejAI
    Condemned Criminal Origins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GEK...ture=emb_title
    Daylight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFna...ture=emb_title
    Kona - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Ki...ture=emb_title
    Outlast 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrU...ture=emb_title
    Perception https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlyRfKP-mxg
    S.O.M.A. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZfznVWiBQ
    The Light Keeps Us Safe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoZS2a_JC0
    Other (User Input - Tell Duke What to Play!)

Were you using 4G? Sometimes I find the phone apps work better than desktop.

Thanks for hanging out guys. <3
    Just on my wifi. Can't wait for the next time you do this, I'll go outside and have a cigar during the chat!

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Just on my wifi. Can't wait for the next time you do this, I'll go outside and have a cigar during the chat!
    Skitch brings me along to his neighborhood hangouts. I'm part of the group!

Also be sure to put in your input on the next game.

Are they all first time plays?

S.O.M.A. kind of blew my mind.

All are first time plays except for Condemned. I've been wanting to replay that for a while.

Well my vote goes to SOMA then!

I was hopping in and out. Couldn't pay full attention as I was making dinner, and then, damn it was nice outside, so I was visiting on the front lawn with neighbors.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    damn it was nice outside, so I was visiting on the front lawn with neighbors.
    So was I. So annoying.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast