Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    A few pages back? Yes. I wasn't excited about the pink hair idea. But when in Rome I guess (or when locked inside for weeks).
    I like the pink hair. She's cute but you don't need me to tell you that haha.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Is changing hair color to pink/blue a covid thing? I've noticed a lot of girls have done it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    I like the pink hair. She's cute but you don't need me to tell you that haha.
    I'll pass along the compliment.

She doesn't like me posting pictures of her (even though she posts a billion pictures a week including all of my social media posts) but there's a certain red bikini photo photo on social media that I drool over.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is changing hair color to pink/blue a covid thing? I've noticed a lot of girls have done it.
    I think so?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Went over to the conservative side of reddit to see their response to this latest nonsense. Now, I don't disagree that many on the left and in the media will jump on anything and everything Trump says and spin straight off into "impeach now!" territory...but a good chunk of that is because he really does say and do so many stupid, incompetent things. It's an aggregate of shit, and people are exhausted.

Essentially, though, the gist among them is that Trump was obviously talking about blood irradiation therapy and the like and simply using imprecise language. The...absolutely...stunning...generosity on display here is staggering. The thought that Trump knows a single atom of information about fucking blood irradiation therapy is incredible. As is the implication that it's totally okay for him, the U.S. president, to spitball based on something he maybe half-remembered from a meeting during which he was only sorta paying attention, instead of shutting the entire fuck up and letting medical professionals handle all of this. It's just wild. That's the most generous interpretation, btw. That's the best. He cannot stop himself from self-inserting, and he's too stupid and narcissistic to realize it or care.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Women are dying their hair out of sheer boredom (and can't go to a salon obv) ... also women tend to cut / dye / whatever their hair after a major change like a break up or divorce. I'm a woman expert you guys!
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Women are dying their hair out of sheer boredom (and can't go to a salon obv) ... also women tend to cut / dye / whatever their hair after a major change like a break up or divorce. I'm a woman expert you guys!
    Haha. Sheer boredom being the reason is funny to me.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I thought about shaving a mow-hawk in my head. Been done before. My hair is outta control right now.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I thought about shaving a mow-hawk in my head. Been done before. My hair is outta control right now.
    Do it. Tell your wife to go rainbow. No one should ever care about anyone elses hair style in any way. Any one that cares about anothers hair style should experience every hair style. Grow your hair long. Its work. Make it blue. People look at you. Experience it. Then do whatever the fuck makes you comfortable and happy.

Producer
    Quarantine mohawk... you and Armie Hammer both.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Quarantine mohawk... you and Armie Hammer both.
    I did it during my final week of grad-school. My class was shocked when I walked into class.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    It's a neat idea and I love LD, but I don't really find the poster interesting enough to wanna get it. I have three of his Hitchcock posters (normal Rear Window, normal Psycho, and variant Vertigo), and yeah they def did cost a good bit off eBay. This poster design seems to be a corona-related thing? I wish I found the poster more appealing.
    Forgot to respond to this. I agree. It's not all that interesting (and I'm totally jealous of your Pyscho and Veritgo prints) but it's for a cause I can get behind and it's another LD so I said, "what the hell".

Also

Where's that map from? Hard to believe NY isn't the darkest of dark greens.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

lol at the idea of NYC easing on social distancing before the Dakotas

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Where's that map from? Hard to believe NY isn't the darkest of dark greens.
    WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/coronav...ates/?mod=e2tw

It's based on peek hospital bed and makes sense when you look at what is projected. It's interactive so I can't screenshot much.

Center of the pandemic: New York closed nonessential businesses and implemented a stay-at-home order March 22, and its projected hospitalization peak has fallen from 48,000 to just under 20,000.

I'm going with June for NH. We're too close to MA.

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    I'm going with June for NH. We're too close to MA.
    First off. Didn't know you were in NH. Cool. Where? Near Concord? Nashua?

Second off, you guys have handled COVID19 well from the stats. Unless that just means you guys arent testing?

First off. Didn't know you were in NH. Cool. Where? Near Concord? Nashua?

Second off, you guys have handled COVID19 well from the stats. Unless that just means you guys arent testing?
    I'm in Durham.

Less than 2k cases, but if they reopen the state, tourists are going to hit the Seacoast, and that's Rockingham county (on the border, commuter communities), which has the most cases right now. And there's Hillsborough county, which is I-93 for commuters as well. Its just too close.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/documents/case-map.pdf

Oh right. Gotcha. Plus UNH.

I’m technically alum but my family lived in town before I transferred there. Shit school.

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    I’m technically alum but my family lived in town before I transferred there. Shit school.
    What didn't you like about it? Spent a lot of time there with friends when I was going to school in Boston.

What didn't you like about it? Spent a lot of time there with friends when I was going to school in Boston.
    This is the perspective from over 10 years ago, but like a lot of universities, its a total money pit. Bad priorities for the student body and education environment. Shoddy educators. Extremely expensive for out-of-staters without much cause. Its a bit of a miracle that I graduated because of certain education requirements- I have neurological problems and really struggled in my years there because they would not make accommodations for me. It took three years (after two years elsewhere), but I got my damn degree. In more recent times, they took a million dollar gift from a deceased librarian and put it towards a scoreboard at the stadium.

People are so wrong.

--Homer

Also
    Here in Iowa our dumbass governor screwed us.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

A friend of mine is aboard the Diamond Princess, which is now the safest COVID-free place in the world since it has been thoroughly disinfected, and he's stuck in Japan and can't leave the ship anymore, due to the general state of emergency in Japan.

Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast