Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Smells like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone get the NY state attorney general on the horn, stat!

I do Planet Fitness and they froze all account payment until they can reopen. I think it's bullshit if they reopen with so much rules and social distancing we have to wait in line outside to get in. If I cancel I'll no doubt have to pay the sign up fee again. We'll see what happens.
    Maybe they'll set up reserve times, so you can come in at a certain schedule. People that wait are on a reserve for those who don't show up?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Maybe they'll set up reserve times, so you can come in at a certain schedule. People that wait are on a reserve for those who don't show up?
    That's a good idea! Can we make you CEO of Planet Fitness?
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

That's a good idea! Can we make you CEO of Planet Fitness?
    DONE!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

No OctoberFest in Munich this year

Quote Quoting kuehnepips (view post)
    No OctoberFest in Munich this year
    Shit just got real.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Pretty good cause tomorrow.

This 10-color screenprint features brand new artwork by Laurent Durieux and will be available as a timed edition release via THE DROP beginning at 11 AM CT on Thursday, April 23, and running until 11:59 PM CT on Thursday, April 30 and will cost $60.

After costs, all proceeds of the timed edition poster will be split 50/50 between two causes that are very important to us: Direct Relief and the Alamo Family Fund. Direct Relief is a humanitarian and nonprofit/nonpartisan aid organization with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies. The Alamo Family Fund was created to help Alamo Drafthouse employees who are facing financial hardship after a natural disaster or an unforeseen personal hardship including the global pandemic COVID-19, which has resulted in the unfortunate furlough of virtually all venue/theater members, and up to 80% of corporate staff.
    https://mondoshop.com/collections/th...eid=d87ff9e147
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oooh, it's a timed release, not a limited one?

Probably the only way a fella could get a Durieux without paying out their ass on the secondhand market.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)

Probably the only way a fella could get a Durieux without paying out their ass on the secondhand market.

This!

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That's your wife in those fitness videos Duke?
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

That's your wife in those fitness videos Duke?
    A few pages back? Yes. I wasn't excited about the pink hair idea. But when in Rome I guess (or when locked inside for weeks).

Also, I fucked up the audio in the most recent video.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Oooh, it's a timed release, not a limited one?

Got this btw. Still available for those interested in helping out the Alamo Draft House.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's a neat idea and I love LD, but I don't really find the poster interesting enough to wanna get it. I have three of his Hitchcock posters (normal Rear Window, normal Psycho, and variant Vertigo), and yeah they def did cost a good bit off eBay. This poster design seems to be a corona-related thing? I wish I found the poster more appealing.
    Last edited by Wryan; 04-24-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I would do criminal, treasonous things for Durieux to do a Miyazaki series.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Did Trump actually inquire about injecting people with disinfectant today?

Sigh. Something I learned in my early twenties at TetraPak: Don’t sound off on something if you have no knowledge of the subject.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -

^ Krasinski's thing is fun and all but tbh this is 20 minutes long & I watched solely bc somebody told me Brad Pitt cameos

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)

Sigh. Something I learned in my early twenties at TetraPak: Don’t sound off on something if you have no knowledge of the subject.

I... uh...what...?

This guy is the leader of a whole fucking country.

And not even one of the small, easy ones like Luxembourg or New Zealand, but like a really, really big important one. One of the ones that can start a nuclear war or ice the global economy by being run by an incompetent moron.

The darkest timeline indeed. Community has a lot to answer for.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Producer
    But guys, can't you just see this is an opportunity for some (the media, the left, other opposing political parties, etc etc...) to use the crisis to eviscerate Trump in front of million of viewers by misquoting...uh...reporting on what he said. I remain unconvinced the Democrats would have suggested anything better.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Producer
    Tanning bed sales bump incoming.

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Alcoholism among scientists just rose 23%.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

- - - - -
    Cant's decide which is the worst proposed solution: tanning beds & tide pods or "let's just put everyone in space suits."

This guy is insane.

How is he still alive?

Not in that sense, but just in the sense of how did he make it to this age? Why is he still functioning just well enough to haunt and torture us? At this point, he can't be held together by much more than Great Value brand duct tape, old makeup and a thorny, electric core of spite. Darwin was fuckin wrong.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    How is he still alive?

Not in that sense, but just in the sense of how did he make it to this age? Why is he still functioning just well enough to haunt and torture us? At this point, he can't be held together by much more than Great Value brand duct tape, old makeup and a thorny, electric core of spite. Darwin was fuckin wrong.
    He was born into money. He doesn't need to be intelligent.

I think I'm starting to believe he has surpassed evil into actual illness. Dementia?

Producer
    Alcoholism among scientists just rose 23%.
    Maybe their heart attacks will get there first before they can reach alcohol.

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast