Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

FYI men: I dont generally come to your defense, but I've just learned where you're allowed to share your emotions....

.....maybe a doctors office and I dunno fuck you fuck off no one wants to hear that crap from men. So I'm told.

Wtf. Cant possibly imagine why I'm maybe emotionally questionable.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I don't have a lot of outlets to share my emotions myself, which is why I'm posting this here. If this comes off as selfish, I insist that is the furthest thing from my intention...

...but thanks, guys, for your concern. I’ve been back in my apartment since Thursday now that it has power, and am grateful to you all for reaching out, as well as for the two friends that let me stay with them while my place was uninhabitable. However, my mental health has taken a hit over this, because a lot of what I love about this city was taken away in one fell swoop. These were restaurants and venues where the film community frequented to make their art, see a show, screen their work and/or socialize over it, and with how rapidly the city’s become gentrified in recent years, I’m expecting land developers to see where they used to stand and build more condos and hotels, further destroying the unique culture of this city and giving the creative community I’m a part of no choice but to disperse, which would leave me all alone. I’m feeling sad that it’s a real possibility, and helpless that there’s nothing I can do about it.

But only time will tell how this city heals and moves forward, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this anxiety. Plus there are people who lost more than I did, and they’re already receiving all kinds of help extended from several avenues, because the cleanup effort by natives/citizens and call for donations has been fantastic. I admittedly haven’t had the energy to join them yet because this experience was so mentally draining, but until then, I’ve donated what I can. With the efforts and community gatherings being as big as they have been, there's reason for hope that we’ll persevere and be okay.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 03-09-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    It might help\ Ivan, to try focusing on not the negative stuff or the physical stuff, but positive stuff you still feel about the city. Those memories can never be taken from you. And the future is bright. The city is still there, we will rebuild. The ultimate toll is our lives Friends and Family are safe? That's all that matters. The community itself might be temporary scarred, but it will be back. Nashville Strong.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I don't have a lot of outlets to share my emotions myself, which is why I'm posting this here. If this comes off as selfish, I insist that is the furthest thing from my intention...

...but thanks, guys, for your concern. I’ve been back in my apartment since Thursday now that it has power, and am grateful to you all for reaching out, as well as for the two friends that let me stay with them while my place was uninhabitable. However, my mental health has taken a hit over this, because a lot of what I love about this city was taken away in one fell swoop. These were restaurants and venues where the film community frequented to make their art, see a show, screen their work and/or socialize over it, and with how rapidly the city’s become gentrified in recent years, I’m expecting land developers to see where they used to stand and build more condos and hotels, further destroying the unique culture of this city and giving the creative community I’m a part of no choice but to disperse, which would leave me all alone. I’m feeling sad that it’s a real possibility, and helpless that there’s nothing I can do about it.

But only time will tell how this city heals and moves forward, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this anxiety. Plus there are people who lost more than I did, and they’re already receiving all kinds of help extended from several avenues, because the cleanup effort by natives/citizens and call for donations has been fantastic. I admittedly haven’t had the energy to join them yet because this experience was so mentally draining, but until then, I’ve donated what I can. With the efforts and community gatherings being as big as they have been, there's reason for hope that we’ll persevere and be okay.
    Awesome to hear about the community efforts coming together.

All good to share emotions. We've known you for many a years, and it's totally fine to vent or stress with the group.

Had the pleasure of visiting Nashville last year, and there's certainly a different feel there than many other cities.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That'll happen.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So good.

First, amberlita, your PM box is full....

Second:

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...6-d389c80226c4

Mid 30's, critical condition, no 'apparent' underlying health issues. That's our neighboring county, too....
    Last edited by Scar; 03-10-2020 at 11:41 PM.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So the podcast has (somehow) got a meager enough attention to start getting screeners and premiere tickets from smaller film companies. I'm tickled pink about it. Also, after one screener, I felt the need to tell them that if we had a negative review, we would just withhold reviewing it. I feel its a promotional thing, we're at the bottom, I want to keep these minor perks coming. I flat out refuse to put out fake positive reviews.

My question is...integrity compromised or acceptable trade-off for free shit? Keep in mind this is just small companies that most likely even you guys have never heard of, and I would not do the same if one day (haha yeah right, but hell, never thought even this would happen so who knows) someone like a WB or Paramount or one of the bigs put us on a screener list.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    First, amberlita, your PM box is full....

Second:

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...6-d389c80226c4

Mid 30's, critical condition, no 'apparent' underlying health issues. That's our neighboring county, too....
    Sorry! I have debrided it.

Two people who haven't spoken to me since med school and high school, respectively, have contacted me in the past few days to ask if I think they should still take their trip to DisneyWorld later this month.

I told them yes. Die for Disney.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Two people who haven't spoken to me since med school and high school, respectively, have contacted me in the past few days to ask if I think they should still take their trip to DisneyWorld later this month.

I couldn't think of a worse thing to do right now.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I couldn't think of a worse thing to do right now.
    Take a cruise.

As someone with a severely compromised immune system, I'm starting to get really worried.

Take a cruise.
    “You must spread reputation...”
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Awesome.

First confirmed case in ottawa. A businessman who was in Austria, knew he was sick, and ignored all safety protocols and traveled back home.

Thanks, bud!

I have a feeling my company is 24 hours away from declaring everyone to stay home.

12 cases i Serbia, just one in my city, and today our company decided we're moving to working from home, all 150 of us in four studios. Other software companies in town have implemented similar measures.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

2 brand new in the town i work in.

We've already received the memo that any employee diagnosed with it is to stay home, and will not be receiving any sick pay.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    We've already received the memo that any employee diagnosed with it is to stay home, and will not be receiving any sick pay.
    Even Trump has made a declaration that quarantined people should receive pay.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Even Trump has made a declaration that quarantined people should receive pay.
    Which makes it even sadder that we are getting shafted.

This sounds like a classic amber post
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Awesome.

First confirmed case in ottawa. A businessman who was in Austria, knew he was sick, and ignored all safety protocols and traveled back home.

Thanks, bud!
    People can be pretty dumb.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

My work is all out of hand sanitizer and wipes.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast