Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Sitting in the waiting room after receiving my first Pfizer dose!

Second in mid September.
    September?? Why so long?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    September?? Why so long?
    Because Canada.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Because Canada.
    Even just one does is helpful at least.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

And here I thought Canada had this perfect health care system.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ha. Far from perfect, but still better than most.

Ha. Far from perfect, but still better than most.
    Especially since you guys don't let tens of thousands of people perish every year because they can't afford healthcare, unlike certain countries...

*shifty eyes*

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Especially since you guys don't let tens of thousands of people perish every year because they can't afford healthcare, unlike certain countries...

*shifty eyes*
    Be careful. Not allowed to criticize the greatest nation on Earth!!

Been 9 hours since my shot. Definitely feeling some side effects.

Extreme fatigue, nausea, brutal headache.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    My freeeeeeeedoooooms!
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

A guy I know from back in Montenegro, who had a 40 day fight with COVID last year, barely made it, and has been suffering from "long COVID" symptoms ever since, got vaccinated a few days ago. Four days after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine he thought he was gonna die, as he had a severe reaction, but after that his condition rapidly improved. He says he feels almost like his old self, and has resumed most of the activities he had to give up. He climbed tree flights of stairs all at once without stopping for the first time in like a year.

There’s some great news.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've heard a couple other reports of people who had covid, then had severe reactions to the vaccine. Makes me nervous to get it (as I confirmed had it bad a year ago). Otoh, we want to get it because my county is the worst in Ohio and my wife parrnts and my parents are refusing to get it because they afraid of being chipped. I shit you not.

Finally, a solution: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/u...smid=url-share

Washington state implementing "Joints for Jabs" program. Once again proving that there is no problem big enough that you can't smoke yourself out.
    Last edited by quido8_5; 06-08-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Stuff I've Watched out of *****

The Last Duel - ***
    Only Murders in the Building: **
    Squid Games: **.5

Producer
    Over the past few months, the new wave of case surge in Thailand, especially Bangkok, has been uncontrollable, and now that Delta strain is firmly in the mix, things will only get worse. We have been looking at 5,000-6,000 new cases per day for a week now. It's gotten so bad that even our corrupted junta government, previously unwilling to consider any free-to-people vaccine other than Sinovac because of their money-gaining deal and also have been avoiding full lockdown in favor of ineffectual "partial" ones in fear of having to compensate businesses, are now ordering other vaccines and receiving donated vaccines from other countries (including USA) even if it means making their beloved Sinovac look bad, and also have serious talk of a full lockdown this week now.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Already seeing blips for the Epsilon variant.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Which strain makes the apes hyper intelligent?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Which strain makes the apes hyper intelligent?
    The one that kills all the humans and allows the apes to continue their own evolution.

I've been saying this for years, but I am all for humanity being wiped out and allowing the planet to return to nature sans people.

Humans are a horrific cancer, and the bad so far outweighs the good that any argument for preservation of our race is null and void.

Just let me have one last steak dinner and some good drink, then sayonara.

So which country has done the best? New Zealand? Positivity Rate here in Chicago got down to 0.3% or something but it's back up to 0.8% now, hoping it could just be a fluctuation. Hearing from relatives in Argentina - #1 the govt is so corrupt that the shot might just be a placebo, #2 they are getting the Russian vaccine.
    Last edited by Yxklyx; 07-08-2021 at 04:23 AM.

I've been saying this for years, but I am all for humanity being wiped out and allowing the planet to return to nature sans people.

Humans are a horrific cancer, and the bad so far outweighs the good that any argument for preservation of our race is null and void.

Just let me have one last steak dinner and some good drink, then sayonara.
    I always laugh at movies when they say "world ending event". False. Its a human ending event. Unless its a supernova, "the world" will continue on.

On a less grim note, I bought tickets to four shows yesterday. God that felt good. I think the minute I set foot again in First Ave for the first time in almost two years, I just might break down and cry.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Producer
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Over the past few months, the new wave of case surge in Thailand, especially Bangkok, has been uncontrollable, and now that Delta strain is firmly in the mix, things will only get worse. We have been looking at 5,000-6,000 new cases per day for a week now. It's gotten so bad that even our corrupted junta government, previously unwilling to consider any free-to-people vaccine other than Sinovac because of their money-gaining deal and also have been avoiding full lockdown in favor of ineffectual "partial" ones in fear of having to compensate businesses, are now ordering other vaccines and receiving donated vaccines from other countries (including USA) even if it means making their beloved Sinovac look bad, and also have serious talk of a full lockdown this week now.

After I posted that, Wednesday's number (announced on Thurs) reached new high at 7,058. And Thurs is even higher to 9,276! Daily deaths are at 70+ for some days now, and that's even with the cases and deaths being downplayed (a lot of hospitals are not testing anymore because their beds are full, and a lot of deaths being discovered afterwards by autopsy as COVID-related are not counted among the stats). I think in the next few days there'll be high chance of 10K cases as new norm now...
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    After I posted that, Wednesday's number (announced on Thurs) reached new high at 7,058. And Thurs is even higher to 9,276! Daily deaths are at 70+ for some days now, and that's even with the cases and deaths being downplayed (a lot of hospitals are not testing anymore because their beds are full, and a lot of deaths being discovered afterwards by autopsy as COVID-related are not counted among the stats). I think in the next few days there'll be high chance of 10K cases as new norm now...
    Holy crap that's bad. Stay safe.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    So which country has done the best? New Zealand? Positivity Rate here in Chicago got down to 0.3% or something but it's back up to 0.8% now, hoping it could just be a fluctuation. Hearing from relatives in Argentina - #1 the govt is so corrupt that the shot might just be a placebo, #2 they are getting the Russian vaccine.
    Japan did pretty well as did Vietnam and South Korea. But yeah New Zealand has been on another level.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Positivity Rate in Chicago got down to 0.4% but it's been slowly rising over the past week. Could be the new variant infecting non-vaccinated individuals.

Massachusetts hit 0 deaths for the first time since June 2020.

Our seven-day weighted average of positive tests in Massachusetts is 0.50%.

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast