Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Oh, okay. Zany. I know her through a friend who was a roommate of hers when he was living in The Bay Area, that friend being former MCer Skreeonk.
    Woah
    Pantheon, S2 (C. Silverstein, 2023) ☆
    Pantheon, S1 (C. Silverstein, 2022)
    Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garc?a (S. Peckinpah, 1974)
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden, Dragon (A. Lee, 2000)
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (J. McNaughton, 1986) ☆
    Blowup (M. Antonioni, 1966) ☆
    Io capitano (M. Garrone, 2023) ☆
    Raging Bull (M. Scorsese, 1980)
    Network (S. Lumet, 1976) ☆
    Sideways (A. Payne, 2004) ☆

First time ☆

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The polar opposite of some of these states is mind numbing.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

We should hit 100k on Memorial Day. God Bless America!
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    No way America or even the world would stand for that. The "new normal" would be 5% of the country dying before we all become bubble people.
    Tell that to the World Health Organization and NPR.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I wonder how much money Amazon gave these stations.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I put together a 'Get Home' bag several months ago. I've carried it with me every day since before this madness started. Perhaps I'll put together a post about it in my Tales from the Tent thread.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I wonder how much money Amazon gave these stations.

Ah good old fashioned propaganda.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Tell that to the World Health Organization and NPR.
    Well, shit.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Nah, it's still the first, it's just that some of us got over the hump earlier. This is boosted by the US bush fire-like spread, Russia and Brazil that have also skyrocketed in the past month... If Wuhan gets a serious rise in cases that would be the actual second wave...

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

AMC Theatres Reverses Course, Will Require Face Masks Upon Reopening

Well that's surprising and welcome. Still not sure how I'll feel about being indoors with strangers for that long, but good on them for listening.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Took them 24 hours to decide that? I mean what kind of decision making is going on at the top?

If one thing has been consistent throughout this pandemics and civil unrest, is how piss poor leadership has been EVERYWHERE.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    It's a mistake to let businesses even have a choice in the matter.

It should be law to wear a mask until the vaccine comes.

And when that happens, it should be legally required to get the vaccine.
    No.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    This is a bonkers move to put politics in front of health.
    The masks are politics...

The masks are politics...
    What the hell? You think SARS viruses are Democrats?

- - - - -

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    What the hell? You think SARS viruses are Democrats?
    I work in grocery. I come into contact with hundreds of people all day long every single day. As do all my coworkers. As do all the employees at every other store in my grocery chain, and at every walmart, Target, and every other big store that has remained open throughout the lockdown, and which are loaded with packed crowds every single day. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. Those working at other stores have not gotten sick. You’re not hearing about droves of employees dropping like flies with the illness. And this was even weeks before masks and other such precautions began being enforced. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And meanwhile, I know people who work at one of the hospitals here in town. It was fucking empty, and they wound up having to lay off staff due to having so few patients. And from what I’ve heard from others, this happened at hospitals all over the place too, mind you. I personally know far more people who have lost their jobs, or whose businesses have shut their doors for good, losing everything that they’ve spent their entire life building towards, than I do who have caught the virus. And I’m not saying that there isn’t a real virus, but it’s beyond naive to say that it hasn’t been blown incredibly out of proportion, and that the response to it has been anything but radically irresponsible. And even then, for most of those who do get infected, the rate of death is still incredibly low, and the vast majority wind up making a recovery.

The masks are political. Social distancing is political. The lockdowns were political. All of these catchy little slogans such “we’re all in this together” are political. None of it was ever about health, and every other week the new information coming out on the virus and how to take precautions was constantly contradicting itself anyhow. Remember earlier on when they said that wearing masks was actually more harmful? Because I sure as shit do. And then the fact that all the rules regarding the virus suddenly no longer apply if it involves protests with thousands of people on the streets in incredibly close proximity to one another only further proves that it’s all only ever been about politics.

I work in grocery. I come into contact with hundreds of people all day long every single day. As do all my coworkers. As do all the employees at every other store in my grocery chain, and at every walmart, Target, and every other big store that has remained open throughout the lockdown, and which are loaded with packed crowds every single day. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. Those working at other stores have not gotten sick. You’re not hearing about droves of employees dropping like flies with the illness. And this was even weeks before masks and other such precautions began being enforced. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And meanwhile, I know people who work at one of the hospitals here in town. It was fucking empty, and they wound up having to lay off staff due to having so few patients. And from what I’ve heard from others, this happened at hospitals all over the place too, mind you. I personally know far more people who have lost their jobs, or whose businesses have shut their doors for good, losing everything that they’ve spent their entire life building towards, than I do who have caught the virus. And I’m not saying that there isn’t a real virus, but it’s beyond naive to say that it hasn’t been blown incredibly out of proportion, and that the response to it has been anything but radically irresponsible. And even then, for most of those who do get infected, the rate of death is still incredibly low, and the vast majority wind up making a recovery.

The masks are political. Social distancing is political. The lockdowns were political. All of these catchy little slogans such “we’re all in this together” are political. None of it was ever about health, and every other week the new information coming out on the virus and how to take precautions was constantly contradicting itself anyhow. Remember earlier on when they said that wearing masks was actually more harmful? Because I sure as shit do. And then the fact that all the rules regarding the virus suddenly no longer apply if it involves protests with thousands of people on the streets in incredibly close proximity to one another only further proves that it’s all only ever been about politics.
    Ok. Sincerely, thanks for the effort of explaining yourself because now I have a good sense where you're coming from, and I sincerely apologize because I'm not going to answer it with the same effort. I'm just going to bail out on account of it being off topic.

- - - - -
    I work in grocery.
    Oh good an expert in epidemiology and disease research then.

If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?
    Over 100,000 people have died in like ~3 months. What the fuck are you talking about.

And I’m not saying that there isn’t a real virus, but it’s beyond naive to say that it hasn’t been blown incredibly out of proportion, and that the response to it has been anything but radically irresponsible. And even then, for most of those who do get infected, the rate of death is still incredibly low, and the vast majority wind up making a recovery.
    Florida shows signs as next coronavirus epicenter as cases spike across the country (CNN)

Arizona, Texas, Florida again report record-high COVID-19 cases (The Hill)

Florida sees record 3,207 new coronavirus cases, with new highs for Tampa Bay (Tampa Bay Times)

Southwest Florida is a hotspot as COVID-19 numbers soar across Florida (Fort Myers News-Press)

Florida health care worker, 15 friends contract COVID-19 at bar (NY Post)

Why Are COVID Cases Rising in Florida? (Slate)

^ from just this week

The masks are political. Social distancing is political. The lockdowns were political. All of these catchy little slogans such “we’re all in this together” are political. None of it was ever about health, and every other week the new information coming out on the virus and how to take precautions was constantly contradicting itself anyhow.
    You live in a state whose Department of Health fired a data scientist because she wouldn't fudge the numbers on a public facing government website.

I love the logic where if it hasn't happened to me, or anyone I know, it doesn't exist and therefor isn't important or real.

Imagine if we took this logic and used it against ... oh I don't know... racism in America?

Remember earlier on when they said that wearing masks was actually more harmful? Because I sure as shit do.
    No.

It happened to me.

Duke can we move this derail to a covid thread or something?

The masks are political. Social distancing is political. The lockdowns were political. All of these catchy little slogans such “we’re all in this together” are political. None of it was ever about health... And then the fact that all the rules regarding the virus suddenly no longer apply if it involves protests with thousands of people on the streets in incredibly close proximity to one another only further proves that it’s all only ever been about politics.
    If it wasn't about health, then what was it about? Where's the political advantage in tanking the economy?
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    If it wasn't about health, then what was it about? Where's the political advantage in tanking the economy?
    To get everybody to be paranoid and afraid and allow tracking on phones and more surveillance and george floyd isnt really dead its a leftist conspiracy to make Trump look bad I've heard all this shit.

Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast