Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

My sister finally tested negative after 7 weeks positive with COVID. Her work is making her go back starting Monday. Normally she would be happy, but she's been getting unemployment and they have been paying her nearly as much as her work. Guess she wanted a few weeks more "staycation."
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So things weren't nearly as bad as it seemed. Good that she finally recovered.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Glad shes okay PT.

Yeah at least she recovered. That's good.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So things weren't nearly as bad as it seemed. Good that she finally recovered.
    Things were never that bad. I talked to her on the phone about it and she said she had a common flu two years ago that was worse. It was her work that freaked out since the mass paranoia made her a liability and they wouldn't let her go back until she tested negative even weeks after she had any symptom at all.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 05-08-2020 at 03:19 AM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

The varying symptoms from person to person make this an incredibly difficult thing for people to wrap their minds around, even moreso with the average level of mental powers out there. It goes from "mild cough and fever" to "you lose your leg to trombosis and still barely stay alive on the ventilator, if you survive at all".

Denver's lifting it's "stay at home" orders after today, utilizing "safer at home" to match with the rest of Colorado.

Been watching Georgia since it'll have been two weeks since they've been reopened. They're more or less at the same steady numbers as they were before they reopened.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Denver's lifting it's "stay at home" orders after today, utilizing "safer at home" to match with the rest of Colorado.

Been watching Georgia since it'll have been two weeks since they've been reopened. They're more or less at the same steady numbers as they were before they reopened.
    Georgia was talking about relaxing the shelter-in-place going into May, but our state didn't officially alter its policy and move to a recommendation until May 1 if memory serves. We're still only doing takeaway orders if necessary and Sarah's doing an occasional grocery run. It'll be another week and a half before most of the bad new cases would need ventilators, going be typical reaction times.

Was talking with a friend and he mentioned an article saying that the day that the most people observed shelter-in-place nationally was Easter Sunday and that cell phone tracking data showed a shift into more and more people moving around since then in the U.S.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

My younger brother is trying to convince me to drive to Duluth tomorrow to go fishing with him and his son.

Goddamnit....

Love my brother, but this is the guy that when they got snowed in on Lake of the Woods ice fishing (a mile from shore at least), blasted the heat in their ice shack and hung out in shorts.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Georgia was talking about relaxing the shelter-in-place going into May, but our state didn't officially alter its policy and move to a recommendation until May 1 if memory serves. We're still only doing takeaway orders if necessary and Sarah's doing an occasional grocery run. It'll be another week and a half before most of the bad new cases would need ventilators, going be typical reaction times.

Was talking with a friend and he mentioned an article saying that the day that the most people observed shelter-in-place nationally was Easter Sunday and that cell phone tracking data showed a shift into more and more people moving around since then in the U.S.
    Yeah, guess it was announced late April was my mistake.

Google has updated it so you can view state cases by day, that's new.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Roy from siegfried and roy died because of corona.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

My sister and her family in England are all negative for Covid19. Turns out my nephew had Tonsillitis. A major relief.

My town is at 1-4 cases, though there are almost 1k new cases in NH in the last week and a half (nearing 3k total).
    Last edited by Mal; 05-09-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Quoting Zac Efron (view post)
    My sister and her family in England are all negative for Covid19. Turns out my nephew had Tonsillitis. A major relief.

My town is at 1-4 cases, though there are almost 1k new cases in NH in the last week and a half (nearing 3k total).
    Good good.

My wife's friend who is a nurse, just contracted it. Her symptoms were like her annual allergies so she was just taking claritin and got tested because she had a stuffy nose and sneeze.

It's crazy how wild the symptoms range can be.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Relevant.

I didn't visit my grandparents yesterday. I know I would have stayed a safe distance away but I figured why take a chance? My cousin pushed his wedding back to August but I wonder if that is just wishful thinking on his part.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Hah Duke that video starting off with Alien is a nice touch. I was waiting for them to use some Romero references. Too bad they didn't have any from The Crazies (both versions).
    Last edited by MadMan; 05-11-2020 at 03:14 AM.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

U.S. seems on target to hit 100k dead by the end of the month, perhaps sooner since more and more states are flirting with reopening.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    U.S. seems on target to hit 100k dead by the end of the month, perhaps sooner since more and more states are flirting with reopening.
    Here in Mass, next Monday will be the day non-essential businesses reopen. My company is telling us to stay home regardless.

We are definitely staying home on our team too, as long as they keep the VPN running and we can connect remotely.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Non-essential businesses open today here, but my team and I are working from home until further notice. It's been working like a charm since the pandemic started so I'm grateful.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I'll be working in the office for a few days next week. NASCAR is holding two races next week and I'll be working on some highlights. The amount of footage and turnaround time is too tight to do over VPN or off hard drives like we've been doing the past two months. They plan to assign each producer an edit suite that they alone are allowed to enter, make us wear masks, and check temperature on our way into the building. We. Shall. See.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Same shit, different day here. I'm 100% field based and visit multiple grocery stores a day until I hit my 40. Gotta make sure the stores are still safe and their cleaning chemicals are working.

I'm tired.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Producer
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Dear lord, how many dead until everyone has lost someone and the idiots are convinced? Reopening at the height of the first wave is reckless and morally bankrupt. But hey, gotta keep the economy running on something, right?

My office is reopening next week, but I live with my parents who are both over 60, so I am staying home (which frankly I’d do regardless, cripes).

Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast