Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Sigh, yep.

Meanwhile, right before his announcement , E-6’s were flying on both coasts with their transponders on, letting everyone with ICBM’s know to not even think about it.

E-6’s relay info / orders to the nuclear sub fleet.

Have a great day, everybody.
    I don't know what this means. Can you laymen it for me?

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

When you're so unwilling to admit you're wrong about something, that you threaten nuclear war.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    When you're so unwilling to admit you're wrong about something, that you threaten nuclear war.
    US always has birds in the air. The transponders are on to remind other countries that the US has birds in the air.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Can't help but think that is standard protocol and would happen no matter who was in the White House should they come down with a potentially life threatening disease.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Can't help but think that is standard protocol and would happen no matter who was in the White House should they come down with a potentially life threatening disease.
    You would be correct.

I disagree. Launching my birds.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I’m more worried that he will be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and will use that to downplay it even further. “See, it’s nothing. This virus is nothing. I’m 75 and I wasn’t even sick. Dems and scientists and the deep state are just using this virus to keep me from getting re-elected.”

In fact, he’s likely to say that no matter how sick he gets.
    Precisely.

It's wild on twitter with a lot of people sort of celebrating or calling out karma. He likely gets tested every day and came across it when one of his campaigners had it. If him and Melania are asymptomatic, or only experiencing loss of taste/smell... Then he'll come back with the, "It's nothing more than a cold. If I can handle it, anyone can. Now let's win an election."

Plus, it completely changes all of the news that was calling him out on not saying anything to the alt-right groups.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Precisely.

It's wild on twitter with a lot of people sort of celebrating or calling out karma. He likely gets tested every day and came across it when one of his campaigners had it. If him and Melania are asymptomatic, or only experiencing loss of taste/smell... Then he'll come back with the, "It's nothing more than a cold. If I can handle it, anyone can. Now let's win an election."

Plus, it completely changes all of the news that was calling him out on not saying anything to the alt-right groups.
    It also gives him reason to make an executive order banning COVID restrictions everywhere, including polling places, hereby trying to scare everyone out of voting.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

He could also use it to get out of coming to more debates.

On twitter I said "Commence commentary shift from "it's a no big deal democrat hoax" to "it's a conspiracy to kill conservatives". Several hours later I saw the first tweet asking "does anyone notice that no high profile dems get corona but republicans do?"

There’s a doozy of a Q conspiracy theory out there now that his announcement was code that he’s going on a mission to get Hillary.

Time for a drink.

He's old and obese. He's squarely in the realm of symptoms being superbad for him. But of course, because the universe is what it is, he may just escape with minor inconvenience. If he does, he'll definitely spin it into more nonsense. I don't want him to suffer, but I hope he'll come out of this with more humility and decency and fuck it I can't even finish that.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    humility and decency
    Whether he gets really sick or asymptomatic, if he comes through he will talk about how strong he is.

I hope he fucking dies.
    Coyote (K. Jerkovic, 2022) ☆
    Uncle from Another World (S. Kawai, 2022-23) ☆
    Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? + OVA (H. Kaneko/T. Tokoro, 2018-19) ☆
    The Dangers in My Heart, S2 (H. Akagi, 2024) ☆
    Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, S1 (K. Saitō, 2023?24) ☆
    Knocked Up (J. Apatow, 2007) ☆
    Cobra (G. P. Cosmatos, 1986)
    Lawless (J. Hillcoat, 2012) ☆
    Pantheon, S1 & 2 (C. Silverstein, 2022-23) ☆
    Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (S. Peckinpah, 1974)

First time ☆

There’s a doozy of a Q conspiracy theory out there now that his announcement was code that he’s going on a mission to get Hillary.

Time for a drink.
    He should start by checking that pizzeria in the Bronx.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    I hope he fucking dies.
    I don't know if I'd go quite that far (my fantasy is that he lives long enough to lose the election and loses big), but I'm sparing my sympathy for the COVID patients who (a) didn't behave recklessly for months, thereby endangering themselves and others, and (b) weren't responsible for, among other things, putting kids in cages.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Certain comments probably shouldn’t be said online.

Certain comments probably shouldn’t be said online.
    Yeah...I'm not really calling for decorum, but this shit could haunt you. The internet doesn't forget.

In an unrelated story, I'm glad the RT forums got deleted.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Lord knows I’ll drink to that!

Did someone say something damning?

Or do you mean the actively hoping for the sitting POTUS to die?

#2.

#2.
    No, you're a poo!!

Lololol

I'm funny.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    You and me both.

Kinda unrelated, but on that note, I've been meaning to post this for a while, and it probably belongs in a different thread, but I think back to when 14-year-old me joined RT in late 2002/early 2003, remember how little I knew about movies back then, and just cringe at some of the contrary, attention-seeking threads I'd make, and what my taste was back then.

So thanks for accepting me, putting me through the ringer and being patient with me, guys.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I don't think you have anything to apologize for, Ivan. I've always loved your presence - RT, here, the Axis.

You're good people, and I'm sure everyone here would agree.
    Last edited by megladon8; 10-03-2020 at 12:33 AM.

I don't know how much age was a factor as much as age of internet communication. It was a new form. We all were edgelords to our personal borders. I joined RT in 03, I was...23? It was not unusual for a poster to simply disagree with a person's opinion on a film to result in a flurry of horrific shit. New communication form, we all had to learn how to interpret responses. Sometimes people were just politely disagreeing. I've explained this to my parents a dozen times. Most of the time we put our OWN tone on posts, and it took me a decade of practice to realize a lot of times I'm wrong in the tone I put on them.

I put work into reading every post with as neutral a tone as I can.

I probably have more to apologize for because of being older, but then I hear my parents describe an online interaction and the tone they put on other peoples post is unreal.
    Last edited by Skitch; 10-03-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast