Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

If it helps at all, I believe Disney world has a mask mandate.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Feels like the "tickets please" scene out of Last Crusade.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Feels like the "tickets please" scene out of Last Crusade.

I do think it could be that way six months from now. Different scenario of course, but that's how it'll be chalked up.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm happy to see that happening.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

My favorite bar is doing proof of vax card at the door for larger events (like anything w/ 50+ people, DJs and dancing and such). Im paranoid about losing my vax card so I made three copies of it and took a photo on my phone. Keeping a copy in my wallet. I have a feeling this is going to get worse, both the delta pandemic and more draconian measures w/ the vax card.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Producer
    I know it's most likely a Monkey's Paw wish, but I wish, in regards to dealing with COVID alone, we have your government and our general population.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    My favorite bar is doing proof of vax card at the door for larger events (like anything w/ 50+ people, DJs and dancing and such). Im paranoid about losing my vax card so I made three copies of it and took a photo on my phone. Keeping a copy in my wallet. I have a feeling this is going to get worse, both the delta pandemic and more draconian measures w/ the vax card.
    They told us to take a photo of it when they handed it to us. BUt yeh, I'm seeing proof of vax a lot now at restaurant's.

I'm basically planning to make my house a resort and never leave it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    Out of curiosity, can you get a refund if you change your mind?
    Yes I can.
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    If it helps at all, I believe Disney world has a mask mandate.
    Yes, that's the one thing about disney. They have park changes, rules in place to keep people safe- my friends and I scheduled this trip with that in mind and knowing what we're in for, even as a fully vaccinated group. So surging cases or not, I was already prepared for an augmented experience and booked with that in mind.
    Last edited by Mal; 08-10-2021 at 02:09 AM.

I don't blame any restaurant anywhere for requiring proof of vaccine. Their industry has been ravaged by this pandemic.

Thanks for getting vaccinated!

It's up to you if you feel comfortable going. Sounds like you're doing everything you can to mitigate risk.

One thing you probably aren't considering is, if the worst happens and you do get sick, you'll probably be fine since you're vaccinated, but what is your risk of spreading it to others? Are you and the people in your group able to do some version of self-quarantine when you return home? It's not technically required without a known COVID exposure, but is probably smart.

To give you an example: I was just in Ohio weekend before last for my Mom's retirement party with about 30 people. It's not a high-transmission county so masks weren't required by the new CDC guidelines. Still, we told everyone couple months ago to get vaccinated and if not vaccinated, to wear a mask. But we knew what would happen: most people were vaccinated, nobody wore masks, including the few we knew/found out weren't vaccinated. I wasn't going to kick them out or force them to mask. This was my Mom's party, not mine.

Anyway, I'm enforcing a self-quarantine for a couple weeks, albeit modified. I can work from home or the office, so I'm choosing home. I make sure I mask anytime I'm in public (like going to the grocery). Pay more attention to social distancing, which I'd frankly gotten lax on since getting vaccinated. I met up with a couple friends this past weekend and while we're all vaccinated and had stopped masking around each other, we agreed we'd have drinks outside on the porch just to be cautious. These are all reasonable and temporary measures given I had some unusually risk behavior for me, with an unquantifiable COVID risk. It makes me feel better knowing I'm doing everything I can.

Remember it isn't just about your own personal risk. It's the potential risk of spreading it to others as well. If you do go, I'd try to make sure you take extra steps when you return home.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Remember it isn't just about your own personal risk. It's the potential risk of spreading it to others as well. If you do go, I'd try to make sure you take extra steps when you return home.
    Thank you for sharing and your insight - yup, I did have that discussion with my family and people I am possibly going to be interacting with post-vacation so they're aware. I luckily work from home and people I'm around most are vaccinated. My social life since this all started has been very limited- I don't go out often and I stay within a few miles from home for errands. My area is very low for numbers right now, though frankly the appeal of being more outgoing isn't there. Should I potentially get exposed, self-isolation won't be very difficult nor much different from my daily life. Sounds sad but thats just how its been.
    Last edited by Mal; 08-11-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Telluride Film Festival going all-in.

To pick up your pass:
    -Upload vaccination card
    -Upon arrival, provide negative test that was taken within 72 hours (they'll have onsite testing if needed)
    -All movie theaters will require masks
    -All public transportation (gondolas, buses, telluride vehicles, charter flights) will also require masks.

I'm working the thing and have no idea what we're doing in the theaters, but I wouldn't be surprised to see physical-expanded distancing in lines, reduced theater sizes (there's an extra day of screenings to possibly provide for this), and who knows what else.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The screenwriter of I Am Legend has had to repeatedly clarify that the movie is fiction. Apparently people online are citing that movie as a reason for not getting the vaccine.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    The screenwriter of I Am Legend has had to repeatedly clarify that the movie is fiction. Apparently people online are citing that movie as a reason for not getting the vaccine.
    Doesn't Walking Dead have the same back story? If I were the writer of either I would be struggling with some feelings of responsibility at the moment.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    If I were the writer of either I would be struggling with some feelings of responsibility at the moment.
    I don't know...I think this would be reasonable in a pandemic world, but pre-pandemic...I don't hold any one to blame for stupid people.

Alt example...if one day zombies turn out to be a real thing, I don't think its fair for writers of zombie fic to feel guilty. Maybe thats not a good example. hmmm

Imagine living in this state?

Really anything south of half of Ohio is bananas-land. Where is the Mason-Dixon line again?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Imagine living in this state?

I do.

I hate it.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I do.

I hate it.
    Dude. How do you do it? That's anxiety central.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Doesn't Walking Dead have the same back story? If I were the writer of either I would be struggling with some feelings of responsibility at the moment.
    Why? It is not their fault that people are this stupid.

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I do.

I hate it.
    Heh, me too.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Why? It is not their fault that people are this stupid.
    Logically this makes sense. I'm not saying they should feel guilty, I'm just saying if it were me... I would want a time machine to think up another plot for my story.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Telluride Film Festival going all-in.

To pick up your pass:
    -Upload vaccination card
    -Upon arrival, provide negative test that was taken within 72 hours (they'll have onsite testing if needed)
    -All movie theaters will require masks
    -All public transportation (gondolas, buses, telluride vehicles, charter flights) will also require masks.

I'm working the thing and have no idea what we're doing in the theaters, but I wouldn't be surprised to see physical-expanded distancing in lines, reduced theater sizes (there's an extra day of screenings to possibly provide for this), and who knows what else.
    Damn, I would hope capacity is limited/distanced. They’re doing the Telluride By the Sea fest in NH this year. Almost the entire audience is 60+, so itll be interesting to see what their protocols are.

Quote Quoting Mal (view post)
    Damn, I would hope capacity is limited/distanced. They’re doing the Telluride By the Sea fest in NH this year. Almost the entire audience is 60+, so itll be interesting to see what their protocols are.
    My worry is that if there are reduced theater sizes, there's going to be elitist passholders that demand to get in because they know there's extra seats.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Fiction can't be blamed for how people act in real life.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast