Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2139

Thread: COVID-19

Colorado at 2.82% but 70% vaccinated at least.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting DFA1979 (view post)
    Japan did pretty well as did Vietnam and South Korea. But yeah New Zealand has been on another level.
    An old college buddy is there so looking at possibly moving there. Temps look pretty amazing.

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    An old college buddy is there so looking at possibly moving there. Temps look pretty amazing.
    I would love to visit New Zealand one day. And Vietnam, too.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Hot take:

If you refuse the vaccine, then end up needing an organ transplant due to damage from COVID, you should be put at the very bottom of the list.

Like, they should offer organs to private collectors before they give them to you.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Voltage!!!
    I had my first shot the other day. I actually got a bit emotional on my way home.

We've been though all this shit and there's finally light at the end of the tunnel. It kinda got to me and I had not anticipated that.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    I had my first shot the other day. I actually got a bit emotional on my way home.

We've been though all this shit and there's finally light at the end of the tunnel. It kinda got to me and I had not anticipated that.

That's awesome, Lasse. Congratulations! How have you been feeling since?

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)

I had that reaction when my parents got theirs. Undercurrent of being worried about how bad things could be if they caught the virus for more than a year was weighing on me more heavily than I realized.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If only there was a vaccine.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I've been gradually more relaxed after the vaccination, and now I'm full on stress-free outdoors and fully compliant with mask wearing indoors in public. None of the people I know who got the Pfizer vaccine got sick either. I'm leaving for a two week vacation on a Croatian island and I'm planning on being fully relaxed. We're driving there with friends, and we're spending a night in Mostar on the way there, and one in Dubrovnik on the way back. So even if the Delta strain strikes later on, at least we had some fun for a change.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Doesn't seem to matter with responses like this.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Did any of them get really sick or die? No? Sounds like vaccines did their job. 99% of people dying from COVID these days are unvaccinated, so Scar's point stands.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Did any of them get really sick or die? No? Sounds like vaccines did their job. 99% of people dying from COVID these days are unvaccinated, so Scar's point stands.
    I'm saying it still shuts things down, vaccine or not.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm saying it still shuts things down, vaccine or not.
    Yeah, maybe. The reason this is turning into a problem is because of lower than necessary vaccine rates. The thing is, there may be new shut downs or restrictions, but they won't happen in these Republican controlled, low vaccine rate areas that are the main center of the Delta surge, so it'll only get worse. They'll cause there to be more mutation until finally there's something that the vaccines can't handle. Just incredibly ironic that the people who want it to be over won't get on board with the things that will end it. But for most people outside of large cities the pandemic has been over in terms of behavior for many months. The ship has long since sailed on those areas effectively instituting safety restrictions because they'd stopped doing them even before the vaccines were available. There's no going back for them, no matter how bad it gets. The second attitudes toward any of this got tied to political identity was the second we doomed ourselves to this being really really difficult to resolve.

ETA: Stories about breakthrough infections are deeply unhelpful because too many people seem to be taking them as "what's the point of the vaccine if you can still get COVID?" Well, the point is you won't get really sick or die, which seems like a good result. But that information gets overshadowed by VACCINATED PERSON GOT COVID ANYWAY ZOMG headlines.
    Last edited by Lazlo; 07-16-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

Is there any info out there of positivity rates among vaccinated folks? Can't seem to see anything.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is there any info out there of positivity rates among vaccinated folks? Can't seem to see anything.
    CDC is no longer tracking all vaccine breakthrough infections (only those that result in hospitalization or death), but you could read the MMWR that summarizes the cases up until then.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e3.htm

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Masks are back, baby!

I'm in Iowa and our governor doesn't care at all so we never shut down and we won't shut down, regardless. Gotta sacrifice people for the economy!
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Producer
    Almost five hours after my first shot of AstraZeneca (overdue for a year, but finally! fuck my government), and I still haven't exhibited any heavy side effects other than slightly sore arm and tiredness/feeling a tad hot. I imagine the night time is going to be different though... (it's 8pm now).
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Got my second dose bumped up to this coming Saturday.

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Almost five hours after my first shot of AstraZeneca (overdue for a year, but finally! fuck my government), and I still haven't exhibited any heavy side effects other than slightly sore arm and tiredness/feeling a tad hot. I imagine the night time is going to be different though... (it's 8pm now).
    I don't know anyone who got that one in the US. Still, cool.

meg which one did you get?
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

It's easy to call out people who don't take the vaccine as uneducated right wing nut jobs. Alabama only has a 33% vaccination rate.

But this is heartbreaking.

"One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-s...lk3Le5EMAiRZAE

Producer
    As a person in a country where the majority desperately want to be vaccinated, but their government fucks up big time by making money-concern-first deals that make the distribution too scarce and the available ones not effective enough for the existing/incoming strains, thus making our health care system currently in a free-fall spiral (and our infected/death number surging constantly), reading that was infuriating. Heartbreaking as well, sure, but still. Fuck, most of us here would want to be transported to Alabama in a heartbeat if it means access to vaccine of your own choosing that 67% of people there look away from.

And I sighed heavily reaching this:

“They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’.”
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Not going to lie, Alabama's numbers were higher than I thought they'd be.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    That's awesome, Lasse. Congratulations! How have you been feeling since?
    Just fine. Slightly sore arm and nothing else. Felt a bit tired the day after, but I do have a 7 months old kid that kept us up that night, so.

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    I had that reaction when my parents got theirs. Undercurrent of being worried about how bad things could be if they caught the virus for more than a year was weighing on me more heavily than I realized.
    Yeah, I had sort of tried not to think too much about my parents catching the virus, but when I finally let myself relax a bit it was pretty emotional for me.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast