Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

Jesus I'm sorry Lazlo. Are you going to be all right?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Jesus I'm sorry Lazlo. Are you going to be all right?
    Yeah, most likely. I'm a single guy with no dependents and able to get reasonably skinny on my expenses. Could be a lot worse, like reduced to 0% like a lot of people in other industries (or even some areas of my industry). I figure a lot of big companies will start doing this. Or maybe not and we're unique, since we're unable to actually do the business of putting on NASCAR races. Other people in my close circle aren't really seeing a reduction in workload, whereas I'd been doing pretty much nothing for 12 days. But that was mostly due to a gap in assignments. I'm a video producer/editor and we haven't been generating much new material since this really kicked off. I did get a go-ahead on an assignment finally, like two hours before the pay reduction email came out, which stings.

The vacation thing irks me the most because they're like, take more if you want, this would be a good time to do so. Like, no it wouldn't. There's jack shit I can do with my time other than sit home, haha. I'm lucky that I get quite a lot of vacation since I've been there for 13 years, but if I'm going to use it, I'd like to be able to actually do something with it.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Odds that USA opens on Easter??

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Whoa Lazlo works for NASCAR?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

0 .

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Whoa Lazlo works for NASCAR?
    Yeah, specifically for NASCAR Productions, which is our version of NFL Films.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

I'm going to be using a full week of vacation this week. Was hoping co would pop in, but haven't heard a word.

People want to not die more than they want the money.

Zero point zero
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Self isolating until Monday.

I’ll spare you the details unless shit goes sideways, but I certainly feel better than the past few days.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)

I’ll spare you the details unless shit goes sideways, but I certainly feel better than the past few days.
    Are you okay?

Brought my work computer home, a fuckin Mac. Sure it's nice, but it's the first time such a machine has crossed my threshold. I feel dirty. Also, unsure if I'll even have this job a month from now. So that's sweet.

Hope everyone is doing well with their health, and their families' health.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Are you okay?
    I’m fine. Just an occasional cough at this point.

I agree. With Trump's change of mind, I just wonder what some of his biggest followers will try to accomplish then.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    My company (NASCAR) just sent an email that we're going to have our pay reduced to 80% starting next week as well as requiring us to take one day of vacation per week for the next five weeks. Pretty shitty. I get it, they're unable to perform the main function of their business, running races, and at least we're not getting laid off. But man does this suck.
    Wow I had no idea you worked for them. That sucks that you lose vacation time and pay.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Hopefully it's not corona.

ETM in the US we are to the point where the government wants to re open things by April. Highly unrealistic.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Yes and no. It's too heavy on corporations, but as usual corporations make the argument (correctly) that thousands of people will loose their jobs if eg. Boeing or Delta go out of business. So that's one reason why even Democrats go for it. Plus the bill today will likely give you $1200.00 of free money so it's not nothing. They need to reign in stock buybacks and I also like the idea that Trump and Mnuchin put out (to give them credit) of having a appointed member from the federal government sitting on their board. You could say this is crony corruption, but these corporations do need some oversight if they are getting handouts from the government.
    I don't feel sorry for Boeing. They got a tax cut from Trump and instead of putting it back into the company they used it to pump up their stock. Last I heard the GOP wants it to be 600 for average workers, not over 1k.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

$2 Trillion Stimulus package agreement made. $1200 for families incoming.

Do other countries do this?

- - - - -

Fingers crossed & hope it's just the flu or something commonplace. :thumbsup:

So when we were talking about health care costs and free health care in other countries a few weeks ago.
    Let me make sure I understand the numbers correctly.

China- 81K Infected 3.1K deaths
    Italy- 70K Infected 6.8K deaths
    US- 56K Infected 192 deaths
    Spain- 47K Infected 3.4K deaths (surpassed China in death toll today- if you still believe China's data)
    France- 22K Infected 1.1K deaths
    Switzerland- 10K Infected 145 deaths (not terrible but 5x rate worse than US)
    S. Korea -10K infected 126 deaths (not terrible but 5x rate worse than US)

Netherlands 5.5K Infected 276 deaths (not good)

The only country that's doing "well" (along with the US) is Germany. 34K Infected, 172 deaths.

- - - - -

Chatted with a doctor using MDLive, and they were thinking it was a possible / probably a case. Here's a rundown of the symptoms, spoiler-ed because the first one was.... messy.

[
    ]

So when we were talking about health care costs and free health care in other countries a few weeks ago.
    Let me make sure I understand the numbers correctly.

China- 81K Infected 3.1K deaths
    Italy- 70K Infected 6.8K deaths
    US- 56K Infected 192 deaths
    Spain- 47K Infected 3.4K deaths (surpassed China in death toll today- if you still believe China's data)
    France- 22K Infected 1.1K deaths
    Switzerland- 10K Infected 145 deaths (not terrible but 5x rate worse than US)
    S. Korea -10K infected 126 deaths (not terrible but 5x rate worse than US)

Netherlands 5.5K Infected 276 deaths (not good)

The only country that's doing "well" (along with the US) is Germany. 34K Infected, 172 deaths.
    I would be careful about referencing those kind of numbers since the infection rate in the states, especially NYC is not slowing down. The death rate with increase quite a bit once too many people require hospitalization.

I would be careful about referencing those kind of numbers since the infection rate in the states, especially NYC is not slowing down. The death rate with increase quite a bit once too many people require hospitalization.
    We are already the third highest infected nation, enough to already be statistically significant. Those numbers will definitely go up together.

We are already the third highest infected nation, enough to already be statistically significant. Those numbers will definitely go up together.
    Give it a few weeks, then we’ll see where we’re at. I appreciate the optimism.

Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast