Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • J.J to the rescue!

7 35.00%
  • It was nice knowing you Rian

13 65.00%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    10. Attack - 13
    As I said before, I don't care if you give nine of them 1/100...just so long as AoTC gets less points lol.

Tempted to say this scene in Attack of the Clones has more tension, better sound effects, and action than any space scene in RoS.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Tempted to say this scene in Attack of the Clones has more tension, better sound effects, and action than any space scene in RoS.
    You may be right, I haven't seen RoS yet. AotC isn't without a decent scene or idea here or there.

I just think it is the clear and obvious least of all of them.

Was thinking about how in Empire Strikes Back, and Han Solo is frozen in carbonite, and doesn't return.

If it were today, there'd have been some defrost button that conveniently gets shot or hit as he's being wheeled into the Slave One, and he escapes just before it takes off to Tatooine, unbeknownst to Boba Fett.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    You may be right, I haven't seen RoS yet. AotC isn't without a decent scene or idea here or there.

I just think it is the clear and obvious least of all of them.
    As you see from my ratings, I still agree.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Also these guys did it better (skip to 9:30 and crank dat bassssss)

As you see from my ratings, I still agree.
    Then we alllll good lol

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I watched Revenge of the Sith today. It's not good.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

No, it is not.

Also these guys did it better (skip to 9:30 and crank dat bassssss)

I had to pause it to catch my breath. I’m in hysterics over the ‘bass battle’ :lol:
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

There IS this scene though:

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I had to pause it to catch my breath. I’m in hysterics over the ‘bass battle’ :lol:
    They did every movie, starting with ep1. Each one better than the last.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    "Creepio" in those Auralnauts videos is one of the all-time great internet goofs.

"...well it's the funniest thing they're all dead!"

They did every movie, starting with ep1. Each one better than the last.
    I watched episodes one thru six last night.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

There IS this scene though:

Really hard to screw up a scene with no dialog (unless that was your point).

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I watched episodes one thru six last night.
    My favorite stuff is how the flip everything to make Jedi the drug addled party bro asshole villains. That shit just kills me. And the poor, poor Sith. Just trying to run a nice company.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I watched Revenge of the Sith today. It's not good.
    You’re right. It’s great.

You’re right. It’s great.
    Don't you feel like there's just too much stuff in it? First, they introduce another villain in the third movie (which why couldn't Rise of Skywalker do this btw?) and like 37 hundred other new vehicles, ships, aliens, at one point Obi-Wan rides a half-horse half dragon thing... The lighting and colors make it stand out from the rest of the 8 films, it feels like it belongs in a cartoon or an episode of Rick and Morty. Then to top it off, that ending saber battle is just over complicated, looney toony and poorly executed.... It's like I want to ask Lucas, "that's how Obi-wan defeats Anakin? By proclaiming he has the high ground... "don't try it"... and then chopping his legs off? That's how you disfigure him?" That's the BEST you could come up with??

I recently rewatched the prequels just about a year or so ago, and they held up tremendously well for me, IMO at least, and I never got the feeling that it was trying to do too much or anything like that. Wrote a blog detailing my thoughts at the time, which will just be easier for me to share than trying to type everything down on my phone during my lunch break. https://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2018/03...l-trilogy.html

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Really hard to screw up a scene with no dialog (unless that was your point).
    Sort of my point. More emotion is portrayed in this dialog-scene then probably anything else in the prequel trilogy. It's also really well done and rare to see in any Disney-ish movie.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Sort of my point. More emotion is portrayed in this dialog-scene then probably anything else in the prequel trilogy. It's also really well done and rare to see in any Disney-ish movie.
    I maintain that while the Prequels are Actually Bad, there's a lot of cool aesthetic stuff happening in them, and some great examples of Young George Lucas playing with filmcraft. Attack of the Clones is my least favorite of the saga, miscalculated and wooden, but I love how the Coruscant chase zips you through all of the city, orienting you to different districts through shifts in architecture and color.

There's also this super-clever bit in Clones:

where Anakin and Dooku fight, and Lucas says fuck the choreography, I'm going to express this with color and shadow and then flip the 180 line so Anakin and Dooku occupy the same side of the frame, which draws a visual equivalence between two characters who are servants of the same master.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I maintain that while the Prequels are Actually Bad, there's a lot of cool aesthetic stuff happening in them, and some great examples of Young George Lucas playing with filmcraft. Attack of the Clones is my least favorite of the saga, miscalculated and wooden, but I love how the Coruscant chase zips you through all of the city, orienting you to different districts through shifts in architecture and color.

There's also this super-clever bit in Clones:

where Anakin and Dooku fight, and Lucas says fuck the choreography, I'm going to express this with color and shadow and then flip the 180 line so Anakin and Dooku occupy the same side of the frame, which draws a visual equivalence between two characters who are servants of the same master.
    Too bad about that random Leia scene and Hayden's terrible acting there.

Oof... that performance from Hayden.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too bad about that random Leia scene and Hayden's terrible acting there.

Too bad indeed.

Worst casting ever?

I re-watched the Force Awakens after seeing Rise of Skywalker; Not that we need questions answered like so many people do. I just accept them because Star Wars. I dont need to know what Finn was going o tell Rey when he was sinking into the sand. I don't need to know when Palpatine fathered a son. I dont need to know where Maz found Luke's Cloud City light saber... BUT, it's interesting playing the movies back how many things actually link to the decisions in Rise of Skywalker (which I hate btw).

For example, when Rey touches Luke's saber in Force Awakens- she is given a vision of the hallway between the first Vadar and Luke saber battle in the Empire Strikes Back. At the time we asked Why? Is she related to Luke? Is she related to Vadar? Why that hallway? This was the first time a force sensitive Rey was able to channel the force and because of her Palpatine blood, this was a disturbance in the force for her. It makes sense she would see that vision after touching Luke's saber.

We also see Rey use several force abilities with no training. She is able to fight off a trained Kylo Ren all three times in the trilogy (four if you include that dumb Tie Fighter scene). It's never in doubt that she won't win those battles. Why? Palpatine blood. Even when Kylo runs to Snoke to tell him about her, Snoke appears shocked that Kylo was defeated... but then tells him to bring her to him. Snoke/Palpatine secretly know who she is and Palpatine explains why he does this in Rise of Skywalker.

In the Last Jedi, when Luke is training Rey, Rey gravitates to the dark side. We are shown that deep dark hole- "You went straight to the dark"... Well duh... Palpatine is my grandfather Luke.

I hate almost every decision in this new trilogy- but if this is what we are given, I do like that theory that 'Lightning Planet' Palpatine is the culmination of every dark lord sith that has perished. 'Lightning Planet' Palpatine has created several clones that have acted in place of others- Snoke was one of those clones. The Emperor that was thrown down the death star was one of those clones. Senator Palpatine (Sidious) in the senate, could have fathered a son, long before he practiced the dark arts. Long before he became Palpatine the Senator. Long before the Phantom Menace... Palpatine was just a regular dude, seduced by the Darth Plagueis ( which was secretly a clone of 'Lightning Planet' Palpatine. Who knows maybe Plagueis looked like Snoke?) who was crafting this plan the entire time.

So in short, Plagueis is Sidious, is the Emperor, is Palpatine in different forms. It also allows for any version of Palpatine to accept death. "I am defenseless... take your weapon... Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete". He wants Luke to kill the Emperor because 'Lightning Planet' Palpatine will absorb that power. Then eventually when Luke dies, he'll absorb that power. Until he's powerful enough to conjure Death Star ships out of thin air...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast