20. You may not vote on this poll
  • J.J to the rescue!

7 35.00%
  • It was nice knowing you Rian

13 65.00%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    How is it that they landed IN THE EXACT SPOT they needed to be standing in, to match up that stupid knife compass thing to the crashed Death Star?
    I said the exact same thing, but after a couple of viewings, I have to admit at one point someone says something to the effect of "you have to be standing at the southern most point of..." some peninsula or something. Its still ridiculous because its a deteriorating piece of rubble that with those waves would change probably monthly but why am I putting this much thought into it, the writers sure didn't.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Don't get me started on that dagger McGuffin.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Is it agreed upon by both Last Jedi fans and haters that Rise of SKywalker is god awful? It seems to be equally disliked by all by now.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is it agreed upon by both Last Jedi fans and haters that Rise of SKywalker is god awful? It seems to be equally disliked by all by now.
    I don't find it as irritating as Episode 2, but I think its pretty easily the least of the third trilogy. But I'm a whore for all this shit so I'm wrong person to ask. (at least I admit it lol)

I like that this is my favorite thing about the movie:

-Liked the little alien with Zorii Bliss. Effectively funny the entire time.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Not sure about that.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Episode 9 has some really cool moments but I seriously felt like I was watching a movie as broken and cobbled together as Whedon's Justice League. BvS obviously has issues but at least its a film with choices and commitment to its choices (like Episode 8). People may not like those choices, but at least it feels like a film.

The dust has settled for Rise of Skywalker, so the RT scores don't vie anymore. I don't know a single person that likes it unless they're six or below.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Episode 9 has some really cool moments but I seriously felt like I was watching a movie as broken and cobbled together as Whedon's Justice League. BvS obviously has issues but at least its a film with choices and commitment to its choices (like Episode 8). People may not like those choices, but at least it feels like a film.
    I can agree to that, even though I don't like the film, it at least has a thought-out story, and they don't make things up on the spot.

...except Leia Poppins... runs... (not an invite to debate this again, we already know who stands where )

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Agree 100%.

That they so spinelessly retconned nearly every development from TLJ because fans didn't like it was shameful.

I wasn't hot on TLJ either, but that's the wrong move to take.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Agree 100%.

That they so spinelessly retconned nearly every development from TLJ because fans didn't like it was shameful.

I wasn't hot on TLJ either, but that's the wrong move to take.
    And we both know what exec's think when they see those RT scores...."audiences want fan service. They dont want anything new, they want what they know."

Booooooooriiiiiiiing

Those are not "fans". Audience scores on aggregator sites are pointless because they're hopelessly skewed towards extremes. I liked TLJ but wouldn't be caught dead near the "discussion" around it and I certainly didn't organize with my fellow cult members to storm RT and Metascore.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    The people who bash RT have no idea how their scoring system works. Anyways I still haven't seen the last flick and I'm not sure I want to.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Those are not "fans". Audience scores on aggregator sites are pointless because they're hopelessly skewed towards extremes. I liked TLJ but wouldn't be caught dead near the "discussion" around it and I certainly didn't organize with my fellow cult members to storm RT and Metascore.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
    I agree, I just don't give execs tons of credit lol

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Feeling a perverse, dire, self-destructive urge to rewatch this.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Feeling a perverse, dire, self-destructive urge to rewatch this.
    I've seen it 4-5 times. Even this prequel defending star wars dork doesn't know how to feel about it.

I've seen it 4-5 times. Even this prequel defending star wars dork doesn't know how to feel about it.
    Not great when a film hasn't opened itself up to you after four viewings.

I liked the climax more than anything that preceded it. That's not a high bar, I grant you, but it actually felt like Star Wars for a brief period of time. The spirit was there, ever so fleeting, and I had...dare I say it...fun.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Not great when a film hasn't opened itself up to you after four viewings.
    There are very good....moments ...but so much of it feels hacked up. Feels very un-JJ edited. Still so many questions left unanswered. I feel theres a 45 min longer directors cut that's much smoother and explanatory.

There are very good....moments ...but so much of it feels hacked up. Feels very un-JJ edited. Still so many questions left unanswered. I feel theres a 45 min longer directors cut that's much smoother and explanatory.
    Absolutely in a director's cut. Feels like there's also a whole movie between Last Jedi and this that has Kylo Ren finding the path... and it's probably better than how this turned out.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Allegedly there is a 4 hour director's cut.

I'd be curious to see that.

But this was perhaps the worst Star Wars movie. Maybe Clones is worse, I don't know. I'd currently rather run a cheese grater across my underballs than rewatch either of them.

The Skywalker Saga has 4 good movies. Less than 50% batting average...but damn those 4 are good.

Now we know where those Obi-Wan connections came from

I swear, Rey Nobody would've been just fine and coherent and consistent with the prior two movies. Honest to Jom.

I swear, Rey Nobody would've been just fine and coherent and consistent with the prior two movies. Honest to Jom.
    Agreed.

Yep.

Disney not having confidence in their own creative teams with the Star Wars stuff has been the most frustrating part of all of this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast