View Poll Results: Knives Out (Rian Johnson)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elementary, my dear Watson

14 66.67%
  • False evidence!

7 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knives Out (Rian Johnson)

This was....fine. Kudos to Johnson for banking on Ana De Armas so hard (I think shes the hottest young female actress working today in ever sense of the words). As with most murder mysteries I just dont see a lot of rewatch value once you know the full reveal.

Quote Quoting Rico (view post)
    Anyone else found it weird that in the big reveal scene half the characters seem to be just in the next room over? One of their family members was murdered and this master detective is explaining how it was done. What are they doing, having tea?
    You're not wrong, but to this I would say the logic of the film presented them to freak out at the will reading so I would guess the detective didnt want them around to influence Ransom as he wanted to trigger him to confess.

Not defending the film.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Um...yes? What makes that so special? If anything, it makes the rest of the film a chore while you wait for the characters to catch up. The vomiting thing is just stupid.
    I dont disagree with this.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    This was....fine. Kudos to Johnson for banking on Ana De Armas so hard (I think shes the hottest young female actress working today in ever sense of the words). As with most murder mysteries I just dont see a lot of rewatch value once you know the full reveal.
    You're in luck. She's due to be in five movies this year.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I found this exhausting. It opens up introducing the family as if it's going to be an ensemble film, but we never learn anything about them after that and most of them mostly disappear. They're to-a-person horribly drawn characters. It feels like lots of their screentime ended up cut; Riki Lindhome has like one line. Plummer is good, but a lot of the louder acting wears - especially Evans. The pacing is all off; information is just dumped on the audience when it needs to be - too much at the beginning and the end and not enough in between.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    You're in luck. She's due to be in five movies this year.
    Supposedly she's in Adrian Lyne's comeback sex thriller which should add to her body of work if you get my drift.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 02-29-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123