Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
I saw the film last night and I still have no idea what your'e talking about. So no, it's not firmly established at all. Seems very opposite of firmly established.
I should note with this point, a lot of the stuff I'm describing wasn't immediately apparent to me as well. But that's one of the things I love about the movie, is how it gives you a lot to ponder over, and then when you revisit it, you start to see those pieces fitting together that didn't quite make sense before. It treats its audience's intelligence with a level of respect that is just unheard of in a movie like this nowadays, where it gives you all the answers, presents a bit of a puzzle, and trusts that you'll be able to fit it all together. And sure enough, yeah, it all fits, it all makes sense, and literally every single "plot hole" I've heard someone bring up is something that actually does have an answer somewhere in the film. It's just not always through dialogue or explicit exposition. There's tons of lyrical clues, visual clues, off-handed clues. Like, there's so much detail in this movie, and it's so well thought out, there's no way this can be described as a cash grab.

Hell...

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
Watched this again today, and I can't help but feel like the poetic way in which the sisters' stories are told in the last third of this movie is seriously master class stuff, especially since it's all done without ever really drawing attention to itself and what it's doing. But the movie makes the claim that they're both two sides of the same bridge, and that's certainly shown in the ways in which their journeys play out and parallel one another, working in opposite manners towards the same endgoal:

[
]
Yeah, way too much heart and effort went into this level of storytelling for it to in any way be described as a soulless cash grab of a film. And that's just a breakdown of the last act, this level of poetic storytelling is strung all throughout this thing.