Thread: Telluride 2019

Telluride 2019

This marks my 15th year coming to the Telluride Film Festival, and somewhere in there, I think it may be eleven, working for the film festival.

I'm one of the managers at the Chuck Jones theater, which just got a three-year sponsorship from Netflix and a much-needed refresh of signage and some new additions. MUCH needed.

For you film aficionados, this has to be one of the best "pure" film festivals out there. A true celebration of movies as it isn't a market. It's a small city, six hours away from Denver, tucked inside some of Colorado's biggest mountains. You won't be driving. The only mode of transportation you'll probably take is the famed gondola to go from the city to my theater in "Mountain Village."

Outside of a few oddities, every movie that plays at Telluride is a US Premiere, and while you can deduct what may play at the film festival from how other film festivals designate their premiere status, the schedule isn't released until the night prior to the start.

Today is that day....

Looking forward to adding more to this thread as the week goes on!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

-This year's poster.

Yes. Getting to see movies with directors, the stars, the q&a's is pretty cool. It's awesome. But the thing about Telluride that keeps me coming for fifteen years is the culture of the festival. I've made true friendships that range from the staff that I work with, to people that I meet in line or on the gondola. Everyone is here for "the show," so it makes it very easy to strike up conversations.

With that comes the "Telluride Moments," a story that could've only come from this festival. Every festival-goer will surely have their own moments to share, because the city is so small and engaging, that it's fun to share those stories. Here are some of my own, that for those who have known me have probably already heard, but... I'll share again!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I had such a great time last year, my first time out. Was too hefty on the wallet to make it there this year but I ought to have my credit card points fund back up to be able to get there again in 2020. Living vicariously through you! Hope it all goes well and you see some great stuff.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Anyone going to see Motherless Brooklyn?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Anyone going to see Motherless Brooklyn?
    Not this guy!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Been busy!

But I saw my first bear without the separation of a zoo cage yesterday. On my way home last night, using my flashnight to get around, I saw something move in the corner of my eye around the grocery store... Thing was big. It was scared of seeing me too and just stared for a moment. I was far enough away where I wasn't too nervous, and it was on a ledge.

It ducked away to wherever it was, and made some bear noises.

Eek...

Btw, the trash can by my car has been knocked over each night. All the trash cans in this city are "bear proof" in that you have to activate a latch that's covered by a slim cover to open it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Also... Parasite

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

On tap for today:
    The Aeronauts
    Pain and Glory
    Ford V Ferrari

My most mainstream of days. Could very well be the last movies I see as I may hike tomorrow.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter