• Nay

3 75.00%

Thread: Hellboy (Neil Marshall)

Hellboy (Neil Marshall)

HELLBOY

Director: Neil Marshall

imdb

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Wow no on actually saw this here? I'm surprised.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wow no on actually saw this here? I'm surprised.
    ... :\

I meant before you posted the poll.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I meant before you posted the poll.

As to the actual movie, it’s not as good as the first two, like, at all, but it’s still nowhere near as bad as its overly negative reception would suggest. It’s perfectly fine and serviceable, and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I honestly expected to.

I enjoyed it too for the gore, violence and silly one-liners but it's too disjointed to be any kind of good movie and the comparison to the Del Toro films makes it embarassing. There's a trend in all these reboots to set up a large number of things for the sequels to an extent where a lot of scenes just don't stand in their own as part of a proper screenplay anymore.

Disjointed is a good word to describe this. I haven't finished it yet, but I was enjoying it for the most part. I liked David Harbour as Hellboy along with the one-liners so far.

The Thomas Haden Church scene felt so outta place though. THAT felt like it was Del Toro inspired. Another thing that stood out as not working very well was Milla Jovovich as the villain. Felt like a miscast to me.

Ended up Naying this. Unmemorable, lackluster third act. The one shot sequence with the trolls was neat, but felt like there needed more charm.

It was oddly disturbing watching the nightmare of Hellboy ruthlessly murdering and slaughtering people. CGI also felt very unfinished at times.