Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade with Mahershala Ali

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Blade with Mahershala Ali

Actually they're prequels and there's no Wesley Snipes.

But Stephen Dorff and the original director Stephen Norrington are looking to shoot within a year on three new movies. Dorff is obviously playing Deacon Frost. I like this idea.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm starting to see a pattern in this. Throw a sequel TV series (Sarah Connor Cronicles, Blade: The Series), test if people still give a shit and then pull a trilogy out of your ass.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    everything looks fun as hell on paper.
    I'm starting to think you literally mean this, duke.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    I'm starting to think you literally mean this, duke.
    This doesn't sound awesome?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think there should be a "duke's upcoming film thread".
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

I might be a little over excited today. Some good shits happening. ANd they're filming that Boxing movie the Fighter next week on the 14th, 15th and 16th. I got to meet Mark Wahlberg at the gym because he wanted to see boxers in training and he randomly showed up.... Crazy day. Fun movies. Fun Duke. Fun Fun Fun.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    This...could be sort of okay. Norrington's film was the strongest of the series, and I liked Dorff's hammy, slick portrayal of Frost.

Eh, hell, why not?

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    This...could be sort of okay. Norrington's film was the strongest of the series, and I liked Dorff's hammy, slick portrayal of Frost.

Eh, hell, why not?
    NO WAY. Del Toro's entry was far and away the most fun.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    The first two were merely decent and from what I hear about the third it was far worse, it's time to let Blade die. Their are far more interesting comic book characters to base films off of for them to keep beating this dead horse.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Blade 2 was the best of the series, but I dig Norrington's stuff. I'm also a Dorff fan (S.F.W.!), so I'm all for it.

I'm with D&MU.. Blade >> Blade 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Blade 3.

A prequel where he looks 12 years older. Nice.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    NO WAY. Del Toro's entry was far and away the most fun.
    Fun, but awfully redundant. Entire scenes are duplicated (Blade's bleeding and rejuvenation), and the overuse of CGI grows wearisome by the end. Also odd how Nomak's relationship with his sister and father would be duplicated with almost no variation in Hellboy II.

I will concede that it's awfully close. Gotta love how Damaskinos looks exactly like Nosferatu.

for me, Blade 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other two.

hehe

A bit of non-news over at Arrowinthehead that offers up some food for thought. During a junket for Brooklyn's Finest, Wesley Snipes told the site that there's talk of a fourth Blade film and that he's interested in doing it. Well, as previously reported on various occasions (most notably October 2007), the fourth Blade movie would be a REBOOT of the franchise, thus making it highly unlikely that Snipes would return. Plus, why would New Line work with Snipes again after allegedly attacking David Goyer on the set of Blade: Trinity (I never noticed what a dumb title that was)? At one point there was a rumor of a prequel, but the source was deemed unreliable

Not related to the movies, but its a sweet anime trailer

[youtube]gpGeincTA08[/youtube]

Blade 3 was so terrible.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I just read that the Blade rights were retained back to Marvel. It actually happened a while ago but I just read about it.

8, Has there been any talk from Marvel saying they want to reboot this? Just seeing if you heard anything at comiccon or through interviews.

Yeah, they have a ton of their properties in script stages and a Blade reboot is one of them, but that's practically nothing, really, since they actively develop scripts for all their properties all the time. I'm sure they have a Ghost Rider reboot script too. I honestly doubt we'd see Blade again for at least another 5 years, and my guess is on TV.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It would be soooooooo coooooool if he randomly showed up fighting Morbius in a pre-credits opening to the Amazing Spider-Man 3.

There are quite a few marvel characters I would rather see get a chance then another Blade movie. I mean jesus there's been three movies, an anime and a TV show. How much more Blade do people need?
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    There are quite a few marvel characters I would rather see get a chance then another Blade movie. I mean jesus there's been three movies, an anime and a TV show. How much more Blade do people need?
    Seconded.
    Movie Theater Diary

I'd apply that same post to Wolverine. Not Blade.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I'm okay with that, which is why a amped cameo would be sweet...ala the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'd apply that same post to Wolverine. Not Blade.
    Wolverine is besides Spider-Man Marvel's most popular character. Blade is at best a C level character.
    TV Recently Finished:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast