3 100.00%

Thread: Captive State (Rupert Wyatt)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Captive State (Rupert Wyatt)

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ended up naying this after sleeping on it. The film does a pretty good job of word building around the city without ever showing any real conflicts; with the exception of an excellent opening. But here we are 12 minutes into the film, and the final outcome (with intention to be the final reveal) becomes extremely obvious. Especially when [
    ]. The middle of the film is where things are tense and interesting, but even the conclusion to that is handled off screen and otherwise flat. The finale continues this theme in the most lackluster form of a Chris Nolan type summary wrap up. Or maybe we are supposed to get a sense of satisfaction from the ending credits? Probably the thing that annoyed me the most, is no one told the film makers that's not how hard drives work (you can't just open a HDD and pull out an SD card to read the data)?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Definitively a Nay. What annoys me is that I love the idea of a movie like this, where an alien invasion of Earth is already established by the opening credits and the story is about the down-to-earth human resistance, but the way they handled it was very clumsy to say the least. The character development is sketchy and there were, in my opinion, poor editing and cinematography choices that made the story a drag to follow.