Thread: Barry

Barry

I'm surprised nobody has posted on about this show.

I finished Season 1 over a few weeks and along with it being pretty damn funny, it's well acted, well shot, and even suspenseful. I didn't think Bill Hader had it in him to get this far along.

Season 2, I'm moving through a bit quickly.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    I recently watched the 1st season too and found it excellent. They walked a dangerous line with the show's tone, because the premise is both grim and absurd. Not many could have pulled it off.

I'm only about half (?) way through the 2nd season. It's still good, but not as good as the 1st.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Also agree after watching episode one it's excellent. I'm not ready to start a new series right now, so I'm putting it on the back burner.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Producer
    Weird how my feeling on this show and Atlanta are very similar, as in I only liked, but was not as high as most people on the show’s first season, even with some great episodes, but the second season is such a big step up in every way. Ramping up the plot’s urgency has made the show’s drama deeper, and its humor sharper too.

Finale thought: [
    ]
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Skipping that spoiler, as I've heard some terrific things about how the second season ends. I'll see how I get there.

As far as 2.04 goes... [
    ]

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter