View Poll Results: Ruben Brandt, Collector

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

1 100.00%
  • Nay

0 0%

Thread: Ruben Brandt, Collector (Milorad Krstić)

Ruben Brandt, Collector (Milorad Krstić)

Trailer:
    []

IMDb / RT / Metacritic

Man, this movie was something. It has a visual style that is at the same time endless cool, interesting and fitting. The cubist-inspired designs not only make every character instantly recognizable, but allows to several art-inspired gags, reinterprets several works of art and the simplicity of the designs allows for more fluid action.

And would you believe this is Krstić's first feature? 'Cause it doesn't feel like it. Ruben Brandt plays fast, plays loose and is rich in atmosphere. It also borrowing a lot from film noir showing a gray world full of obsession, treachery and secrets without losing humor, humor which is either character based or pokes fun on art itself, with perhaps my favorite joke concerning the origins of a thief who is bidimensional (man, the concept of that thief is clever as fuck).

So yeah. Great little film here.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I was unable to see this at my arthouse theater when I had a chance. Hope to find it sooner rather than later.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I was unable to see this at my arthouse theater when I had a chance. Hope to find it sooner rather than later.
    Let's hope so. It is really good.