5 100.00%
  • Nay

0 0%

Thread: Yesterday (Danny Boyle)

Yesterday (Danny Boyle)

YESTERDAY

Director: Danny Boyle

imdb

Had no idea this was Danny Boyle prior to his name appearing in the opening credits. Wonder why that wan't part of the marketing for this film at all?

Anyways, I quite enjoyed it. Sure, there are logic flaws galore with the concept, which can easily ruin the movie for someone if they're perhaps not buying into it. But for me at least, the movie is enjoyable and charming enough to where the gaps in logic didn't bother me too much, glaring as a lot of them may be. Perhaps not for everyone, but I liked it.

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    Had no idea this was Danny Boyle prior to his name appearing in the opening credits. Wonder why that wan't part of the marketing for this film at all?

Anyways, I quite enjoyed it. Sure, there are logic flaws galore with the concept, which can easily ruin the movie for someone if they're perhaps not buying into it. But for me at least, the movie is enjoyable and charming enough to where the gaps in logic didn't bother me too much, glaring as a lot of them may be. Perhaps not for everyone, but I liked it.
    The Google search running gags made me laugh.

I had a lot of fun, I think it could have been a little bit shorter. I thought it was an inspired alternative to the modern day rock blockbuster opera like Across the Universe or Rocketman. It was basically a good rom-com with a premise that leads to a Beatles soundtrack. Since then I've found out that the exact same premise appears in a lot of relatively obscure comics, TV shows and films, so here's a drink to you, Curtis and Boyle - enjoy those cigars!