Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Animation Station

Another.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I just saw this news. Interesting next project for them. Passion project?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I just saw this news. Interesting next project for them. Passion project?
    With them? Wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    YEEEESSSSS

Because it's not? Aren't there actors in place doing the dialog? Like an Andy Sirkus type guy?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Because it's not? Aren't there actors in place doing the dialog? Like an Andy Sirkus type guy?
    Actors in place doing the dialog? Like in any animated film?

Actors in place doing the dialog? Like in any animated film?
    No. Like Planet of the Apes, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and every Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy film.

I guess "Motion capture" is the term I'm looking for.

I guess "Motion capture" is the term I'm looking for.
    Yeah, but then the entire shot is painted over with CGI, removing all of the live action element. Even The Jungle Book at least had Mowgli, though literally everything else around him was similarly painted over in CGI.

If you want to get technical, the original Snow White was done the same way, where they filmed actors in live action, then took that footage and drew over it. Yet nobody argues that that’s an animated film. The technique being used for The Lion King is the same thing, but for the modern era. *shrug*

Wow I dont think I knew that about Snow White. I would love to see some clips of that.

I feel if its drawn, its animation. Whether it's on paper or live action still. I've made the joke many times that this current set of Disney "live action" is more animated than the films they're remaking.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Wow I dont think I knew that about Snow White. I would love to see some clips of that.

I feel if its drawn, its animation. Whether it's on paper or live action still. I've made the joke many times that this current set of Disney "live action" is more animated than the films they're remaking.
    Same with, for example, Max Fleischer's Superman cartoons, which were rotoscoped and yet no one would say they're anything, but animated.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    There’s a little bit of it in this video, which also discusses the history of Disney re-using animation from film to film in general:

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast