0 0%

Thread: Apollo 11 (Todd Douglas Miller)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Apollo 11 (Todd Douglas Miller)

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I don't drop the "must see" tag often, but I feel like this is the perfect movie to see in theaters. Footage is just flat out gorgeous; makes me wonder where this has been for the past 50 years. Looks straight out of Hollywood today as if the cameras that were used to film First Man were used to film this. I love the structure of this "story" using actual radio transmissions as the narration and slipping in title cards identifying the crew and timeline of events. It's a story you probably heard before, but with the remastered footage and added score it's definitely one you want to catch on the big screen (again).
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Intended to see this in the theaters but missed my chance.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    A film to be watched in a constant state of awestruck. This guy's face captures it all, really. Utterly inspiring stuff. 8/10
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Intended to see this in the theaters but missed my chance.
    It worked for the best.

The Museum has this playing on Real IMAX, and a shorter 50 minute version. Footage was obviously blown up, but it makes a hell of an impression. (Turns out some of the footage actually was 70 MM). I'm shocked that none of this was refilmed. There's some impressive stuff to see, and changing from 70/35/16 gives it a Oliver Stone feel in a way.

I did NOT know this was a shortened version, so as it ended, I thought I had been there for 90 minutes. Whoops.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Pretty awesome that all this archive footage exists. I have an acquaintance who is one of those flat earther conspiracy theories - I'd love to make him watch this hahah.