View Poll Results: Yay/Nay

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90s + Clark Gregg + Young Nick Fury!

13 72.22%
  • Ho hum- Another Uninspired Origin Story

5 27.78%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Captain Marvel (Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck)

Both Ant-Man movies are highly entertaining, and so was Captain Marvel.

Also the last fight scene in CM was hilarious and a jab at how overlong the final battle was in Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by MadMan; 05-29-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Both Ant-Man movies are highly entertaining, and so was Captain Marvel.

Also the last fight scene in CM was hilarious and a jab at how overlong the final battle was in Wonder Woman.
    Please delete from internet before Skitch finds this.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Eh, it's like Irish watched a completely different movie for me. What he describes does not compute.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Please delete from internet before Skitch finds this.
    You still don't get it. Or you do and you're trolling.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    You still don't get it. Or you do and you're trolling.
    You've never really fully explained it other than, I guess, only myself isn't allowed to say anything negative about DC because, I'm too mean? (Even if what I say is "factual[ly] accurate" .. I'm quoting you here)

How many DC films do I need to like before I can criticize such films?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

You troll people, then deny it when called on it. It can be grating.

I think that’s all there is to get...

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You troll people, then deny it when called on it. It can be grating.

I think that’s all there is to get...
    Then what happened here?

http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post604618

Also, maybe I deny it because it's not true? Trolling is intentional and is deliberate towards someone. The post I linked to above was adding to the conversation about the twitter convo and critic tweets, wasn't directed towards anyone and was on topic.

For the dozenth time, you insult the fans while denying damn near any criticism of anything in the MCU. Its the definition of fanboydom. I doesn't both me when you or anyone criticizes the DCEU or the films.

Also for the dozenth time, I do not take the tweets of jackass Marvel fanboys on twitter as indicative of their fan base. For DC, you do. And you lash out at it here with the snark. Heck, just look at your posts today. Asking my permission for your opinion? Asking how many DC you have to like before you can speak? WTF are you even talking about? Again, it must be lashing out at some twitter trolls causing it.

Also, maybe I deny it because it's not true? Trolling is intentional and is deliberate towards someone.
    SO you have today though, right?

For the dozenth time, you insult the fans while denying damn near any criticism of anything in the MCU. Its the definition of fanboydom. I doesn't both me when you or anyone criticizes the DCEU or the films.

Also for the dozenth time, I do not take the tweets of jackass Marvel fanboys on twitter as indicative of their fan base. For DC, you do. And you lash out at it here with the snark. Heck, just look at your posts today. Asking my permission for your opinion? Asking how many DC you have to like before you can speak? WTF are you even talking about? Again, it must be lashing out at some twitter trolls causing it.
    See I dont know what you're talking about here. It's like we are meeting for the first time today. If you've read ANY of my posts/reviews on the MCU, I've highly criticized the two of the best reviewed marvel films in the last year and ranked one of them towards the bottom of my list. I did insult the fans on twitter. THe ones attacking Drew. I agree with that, but how it connects to you is where I lose you. You seem to think it's all inclusive or something.

And I asked your permission because I honestly don't know which way you're going to take my post! That's the truth of it! You jumped in on that conversation and took personal offense to it. Who's to say you won't do that anywhere? If I posted my actual thoughts on Superman IV, is Skitch going to get mad at me?

SO you have today though, right?
    So joking/ribbing = troll to you? That's sad Skitch. You don't ever sit around with your buddies and bust balls? Ever been inside a locker room in your life? Trolling is something you do maliciously. Not something you do towards someone you like.

Edit: The thing that's lost in all of this is I'm still a DC fan. The joke being if I wasn't allowed to criticize the Red Sox for last night's loss.

I wasn't personally remotely offended on either front. Nor was I mad. But you think I am. So I guess we're both just projecting on each other?

Joking/ribbing is fine. But you have to remember its text. Tone can be lost. And I guess I need to remember to.

Possibly. I need you in my life Skitch. Good and bad criticism. I want it all. I also want a connected DC universe to succeed as much as you do.

I think that Valiant Bloodshot movie with Vin Diesel is the silliest weirdest idea in a long time. I hope it makes a billion dollars, because I want ALL these movies to win so they keep making them.

Also, maybe I deny it because it's not true? Trolling is intentional and is deliberate towards someone. The post I linked to above was adding to the conversation about the twitter convo and critic tweets, wasn't directed towards anyone and was on topic.
    It’s a single example in a sea of troll posts.

I wasn’t referencing any one particular post by you, just generalizing.

I wasn't personally remotely offended on either front. Nor was I mad. But you think I am. So I guess we're both just projecting on each other?

Joking/ribbing is fine. But you have to remember its text. Tone can be lost. And I guess I need to remember to.

Agreed!

Ya bastard.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    It’s a single example in a sea of troll posts.
    Or you might say Duke is nothing more than a BULLSHIT ARTIST.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Or you might say Duke is nothing more than a BULLSHIT ARTIST.

He probably makes olive oil in his bedroom.

And I thought I took things too seriously on this site. Wow. Plus I am really not around enough anymore.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Btw I prefer Wonder Woman over Captain Marvel and I loved Man of Steel. I also enjoyed Justice League, however BVS was an entertaining mess that needed a better script and Suicide Squad was awful. I have not seen Aquaman yet.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234