Thread: Twitch Streaming Shaw Brothers films...right now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And lo here is that actor fighting Donnie Yen in Dragon, in which Donnie plays a one-armed man lol. Apparently this movie started out as a quasi-remake of OAS or something?

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    And lo here is that actor fighting Donnie Yen in Dragon, in which Donnie plays a one-armed man lol. Apparently this movie started out as a quasi-remake of OAS or something?
    I've seen "Dragon" a coupla times. It's definitely not a remake of "One Armed Swordsman" but it's very, very good. It's sorta a period piece cat-and-mouse game between an odd little man (Donnie Yen), who is hiding out in a country town, and a wandering police detective (Takeshi Kanashiro), who gradually becomes suspicious about him. Very strange picture but HIGHLY recommend it if you discover it on one of the streaming services.
    Last edited by Irish; 02-05-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    ...who is hiding out in a country town, and a wandering police detective (Takeshi Kaneshiro), who gradually becomes suspicious about him...
    Ooh even more reason to watch it now. That man is a hot piece.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer