Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack-Free Unpopular Opinion Thread

I love reserve seating. I'm with Duke, if I select my favorite seat, I'm well aware that others will probably want to sit in the same general area. Haven't had a problem with the Upper level / 21+ section of the theater I generally go to. Granted, not all of the screens at that theater have the balcony, but the main / new movies usually do.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Reserved seating lost me the moment I walked into a nearly empty screening and saw the dozen or so people all literally sitting next to each other. Also it’s comical when people don’t really know how to find their seat so they stand around confused when there’s hundreds of empty seats.

I usually just get a couple crap seats in the back, wait for the trailers to end, then take my pick of the best remaining seats with some wiggle room.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)

I usually just get a couple crap seats in the back, wait for the trailers to end, then take my pick of the best remaining seats with some wiggle room.
    Yeh see, you can't do that with reserved seating when you arrive AFTER the trailers play.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh see, you can't do that with reserved seating when you arrive AFTER the trailers play.
    And yet every stoner arrives 20 min in to the film and sits wherever they want (which is usually behind me).

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Guys, if a movie has started and the theater is only a quarter full, you can just sit wherever you want. This isn't Soviet Russia.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Guys, if a movie has started and the theater is only a quarter full, you can just sit wherever you want. This isn't Soviet Russia.
    Thank you.

When I say front and center, i mean the first row after the walkway split behind the handicap spaces.

In this graphic it would be the first gray row. Not the yellow seats.

C5 or C6 plz.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Two weeks ago I saw 1917 because it was the only halfway decent looking thing playing at 10 pm. I think I made a pretty good decision.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Two weeks ago I saw 1917 because it was the only halfway decent looking thing playing at 10 pm. I think I made a pretty good decision.
    Certainly not an unpopular decision Madman!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Certainly not an unpopular decision Madman!
    No, I guess not. However it is in defense of going to see a movie at the last minute on a whim.

Here is one: RT's Tomatoemeter is a speedy way to decide on a movie at the theater. I don't let it fully guide my viewing choices but it does help narrow things down when I'm unsure which flick to go with.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Cars should not have the ability to go above 80 mph.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

But then what would happen to all the guys in pick up trucks who want to tailgate then angrily pass you when you're already doing 20 over the speed limit?

Huh? What about them, Duke? Did you even think about them?

You'd change your tune if you were to drive the stretch of I-94 from Fargo ND to Bozeman MT, I bet.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    You'd change your tune if you were to drive the stretch of I-94 from Fargo ND to Bozeman MT, I bet.
    I've driven across the country before. So I've been through boring NV, AZ, Kansas and UT. 80mph lane assist adaptive cruise 100%.

What's worse? The Kansas drive or northern Nevada?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Toss up

FL is pretty bad too surprisingly.

Toss up

FL is pretty bad too surprisingly.
    That stretch between Orlando and Southern Florida is pretty brutal, with way more tolls than necessary. I agree.

Don't think it compares to the first two though.

City highways, however, Southern Florida might be right behind Los Angeles.

Haven't had the benefit of driving in NYC/Boston.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That stretch between Orlando and Southern Florida is pretty brutal, with way more tolls than necessary. I agree.

Don't think it compares to the first two though.

City highways, however, Southern Florida might be right behind Los Angeles.

Haven't had the benefit of driving in NYC/Boston.
    I drove from Port St Luice to Key West once. Wow what a mistake.

I've driven from Minneapolis to Austin and back twice. Not as bad as you would think. Surprisingly, I found the most scenic part of the drive to be the stretch of I-35 in Kansas, between KC and Wichita - the Flint Hills Plains. I swear, it's like going back in time 150 years. No houses, no roads, no nuthin' - just big sky, rolling hills, and amber waves of grain. Beautiful.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I've driven from Minneapolis to Austin and back twice. Not as bad as you would think. Surprisingly, I found the most scenic part of the drive to be the stretch of I-35 in Kansas, between KC and Wichita - the Flint Hills Plains. I swear, it's like going back in time 150 years. No houses, no roads, no nuthin' - just big sky, rolling hills, and amber waves of grain. Beautiful.
    The I-70 East stretch is nothing but flat and ugly farmland, with a ridiculous toll near the end of it. Your drive makes me think of Iowa with the rolling hills

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Last time I drove to Sarasota, that stretch of FL...it was 11 oclock at night, I had cruise at 80, speed limit was 70, and people were swerving to avoid rear ending me. I already felt like I was going plenty fast, but I felt like I was more in danger of getting hit. So I kicked it up to 90 on the cruise and played Speed Racer for the next hour.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement, Duke, but I'm not super comfortable over 80 because you're really pushing losing your license, imo.

Florida has the worst drivers, IMO. Combination of retired folks that drive 10-15 under, tourists trying to find the right exit, and immigrants that may or may not have licenses... Every time I've been on a South Florida highway, there's a wreck somewhere, and a lot of times it's in a middle lane.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement, Duke, but I'm not super comfortable over 80 because you're really pushing losing your license, imo.
    I only used 80 because there are some highways out west with speed limits of 80mph.

I've never liked The Lion King. I watched the CGI one (forced by family). It sucks too.

I didn't think they could make a shittier Toy Story movie than part 3, but they found a way in part 4. Awful, just awful.

I also hated Toy Story 4, but think you might be the first person I’ve seen who didn’t like the third one. What didn’t you like about it?

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast