Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
The lawlessness that pervades Mad Max 1979 is pretty terrifying. Plus, without the budgets of Road Warrior and especially Fury Road, the 1979 movie has both feet planted firmly into an-all too believable dystopia that resembles the here and now. It's one of the best examples of low-budget filmmaking.

I agree with Madman about Thunderdome. It isn't a different beast, it's an inferior Max flick, but still engaging enough.

Meg, I gotta ask, care to elaborate on why you feel MM2 is stupefyingly overrated?

Mostly due to it not having aged well, and being outdone in just about every way since its time.

I've never been much for vehicular action to begin with. Without the insanely cool presence of Furiosa in Fury Road, or the shocking violence and sadism of Toecutter in the original 79 flick, it's just a bunch of car chases that are...decent, I guess?

I also found the group of good guys holed up in the camp to be pretty terrible. They felt like they were from a different movie all together, like Logan's Run or something.