Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1428

Thread: Attack-Free Unpopular Opinion Thread

Guardians 2 is such trash.
    I hated Infinity War so much, I didn’t bother with Endgame.

Age of Ultron was mega disappointing, but I never understood the hate that GotG 2 gets.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I never understood the hate Ultron gets.

I understand the hate of Black Panther. It's merely OK at best. Andy Serkis and Michael B Jordan are excellent villains though.

People "hate" GotG2 because it doesn't do anything different or new from GotG1. I think people were expecting much more out of Gunn.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Skipped Ultron. Hated GotG 2. lol

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    My Neighbor Totoro is just okay.
    Awwww hell nah!

Wait wrong thread. I'll allow it.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

I liked GOTG 2 as much as the first one, but I slightly prefer the first flick.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

Here's one...

Nightmare on Elm Street 2 is really good.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Here's one...

There’s a great documentary on Shudder called Scream Queen!, and I’d say it’s far better than Nightmare 2.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Here's one...

Decent, imo. I'm due for a rewatch.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

You know, sometimes, in the dark of the night, when nothing but my demons and I are awake, I ask myself this: Is it possible that you have been lying to yourself all these years, maintaining a facade to fit in with larger society, to avoid being ostracized into oblivion, in order to avoid the truth: you like Die Hard 2 more than Die Hard.

My rational cinematic intelligence still maintains that the first is more tightly constructed (except for the awful body double work) and relentless, and that the second dives deep into preposterousness, turning McClane into a superhero impervious to physics. But....but...but... why do I feel closer to Die Hard 2? Why do I get more exciting about the prospect of watching that?

Also, Terminator 3 is very, very good. Sure, it maybe cuts out too much flab, but the chase scene with the crane is awesome, and the ending is almost perfect.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    You know, sometimes, in the dark of the night, when nothing but my demons and I are awake, I ask myself this: Is it possible that you have been lying to yourself all these years, maintaining a facade to fit in with larger society, to avoid being ostracized into oblivion, in order to avoid the truth: you like Die Hard 2 more than Die Hard.

My rational cinematic intelligence still maintains that the first is more tightly constructed (except for the awful body double work) and relentless, and that the second dives deep into preposterousness, turning McClane into a superhero impervious to physics. But....but...but... why do I feel closer to Die Hard 2? Why do I get more exciting about the prospect of watching that?
    Because it's more Christmasy?

For years I was convinced the second was better than the first. I even came up with a theorem that said the second movie in every trilogy ever was the best, as long as it was a continuing story. I.e. Indiana Jones was disqualified from the theorem since the second movie is a prequel.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I like the expanded scope and seeing more people trying to figure out what is going on (I love to watch organizations react to disasters - it is something I have always found interesting, the mobilization of resources in the face of disaster) and it is a little more brutal.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I've had the "You Got Me Burnin'" song from the Tech Noir club scene in Terminator stuck in my head for like 3 days

That scene is monumental.

Not attacking...but has trans been hacked? He says T3 is very very good? Am I in the upsidedown?

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I like the expanded scope and seeing more people trying to figure out what is going on (I love to watch organizations react to disasters - it is something I have always found interesting, the mobilization of resources in the face of disaster) and it is a little more brutal.
    This is why I love Volcano over Dante's Peak.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Not attacking...but has trans been hacked? He says T3 is very very good? Am I in the upsidedown?
    Yeh that's weird. The crane chase is great but everything else fucking blows.. including the ending.

This is a super-cool poster for a bitchin' movie.

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

One of my favorite books.

I love Relic. When I saw it in the theater, I was worried how the creature would look until I saw Stan Winston’s name pop up in the opening credits.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    One of my favorite books.
    I just bought Crooked River from Preston and Child, their latest novel.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Die Hard 2 is up there with Godfather 2, Aliens and Empire Strikes Back as one of the best sequels ever. As preposterous as it gets, Die Hard 2 has a huge ace up its sleeve, and it's everything we love about good action movies, namely a tangibility and realness to its actions scenes done with stunt work and miniatures. In fact, I don't even find it preposterous, it really works on a dramatic level also, although I will admit those grenades had a godawfully long fuse. Even that doesn't matter when the ensuing shot is fucking awesome.

I still think T3 is the best Terminator sequel. There's a huge gap between T2 and T3 nonetheless, but the attempts of later films to either replicate what came before or push the franchise into convoluted narratives have become exasperating and desperate. Both Salvation, Genisys and Dark Fate have their merits. The former goes all out in change of setting, the middle one takes some chances, the latter goes for nostalgia and takes some chances but that doesn't mean it works. Beating a dead horse is the right word, T3 didn't yet have that pungent stench for me even if I'll never find a Terminator film entirely worthless.

And T3's ending really is very good. How else could it have ended? It makes perfect sense.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I love T3s ending, the rest of it is so full of garbage comedy and stupid stuff I think it's the least of all the Terminator films.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I just bought Crooked River from Preston and Child, their latest novel.
    I'm so far behind at this point. When I retire, I should never have nothing to do.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I love T3s ending, the rest of it is so full of garbage comedy and stupid stuff I think it's the least of all the Terminator films.

I just watched a Caravan of Garbage ep on youtube a week or two about it that made some good points. Why the hell does John think this terminator would remember anything he taught him? Is John a total moron? I didnt mind Nick Stall in the role at all.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast