It's HALLOWEEN! So time for 80s horror game with Dukefrukem: the genre that absolutely terrified me as a child. Walking into the VHS rental store (which was close enough to ride my bike to), pretending to look at films suited for a ~10 year old (Back to the Future, Burbs and Star Wars were frequent rentals), out of the corner of my eye I would really be mesmerized by the art in the horror section - VHS tape sleeves. Sometimes my friends with older brothers would rent movies for us, and we'd just pick the VHS that looked the coolest on the shelf. I have very fond memories of the terror I felt watching these movies, and somehow I always wanted more. It became an adrenaline. Every new horror movie led to a different scary thing I didn't know existed. And since then, I've always loved that feeling.

So this list is dedicated to the B-movie, campy, body horror, slasher decade that made me the man I am today.

if anyone can successfully predict the top 3 movies on the list, they will win a free copy of any movie of their choosing from the list (blu-ray or digital (hell or DVD if you want)). Furthermore, if anyone can successfully predict any 3 movies sequentially, you will win a copy of one of those three movies (of your choosing). If anyone guesses the correct spots of any 5 movies, they will win a copy of one of those five movies (of your choosing).

I'm just planting this seed now- because I'm going to do some other stuff in this thread, but don't start guessing until I release the hints later this month.

What qualifies to be on this list?

• They need to (at least) be jointly made in America
  • They need to have been RELEASED between 1980 and 1989 in the US (according to IMDB)
  • They need to be of the horror genre (or sub genre) according to IMDB's top 4 categories

No movies are exempt from this list!

Hints will be released October 12

• 1. Every year is represented on the list with the exception of 1989 and 1983
    2. Year of my birth was a good year for horror- three films are represented
    3. There are there directors on this list that have 2 movies represented
    4. Two of the films on this list are remakes, Three films are adaptations
    5. Four films on this list are from two different franchise, 17 films are either part of a franchise (at least 1 sequel made), are a remake itself or have since been remade. (18 if you include films in pre-production)
    6. Five of the films on this list are sequels
    7. Two films on this list were nominated for Academy Awards, one film won.
    8. Tom Savini had a “role” in 2 films, Core Feldman makes two appearances and the scream queen herself makes one "visual" appearance
    9. In two films there are zero on screen deaths
    10. Three films are inspired by H. P. Lovecraft.

HM: Will begin October 15

HM1: Xtro (1982)
HM2: Day of the Dead (1985)
HM3: Sleepaway Camp (1983)
HM4: Silent Night Deadly Night (1984)

List will begin October 20

20. Terror Train (1980)
19. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
18. Fright Night (1985)
17. Friday the 13th the Final Chapter (1984)
16. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
15. From Beyond (1986)
14. April Fool’s Day (1986)
13. The Return of the Living Dead (1985)
12. Gremlins (1984)
11. The Burning (1981)
10. The Shining(1980)
9. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
8. Re-Animator (1985)
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
6. Evil Dead II (1987)
5. The Fly (1988)
4. The Blob (1988)
3. Poltergeist (1982)
2. Evil Dead (1981)
1. John Carpenter's the Thing (1982)

Recap of past Lists:

The Top 20 MERICAN 90s Horror Movies - http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...-Horror-Movies

The Top 18 MERICAN 90s Action Movies - http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...-Action-Movies