View Poll Results: Imperium (Daniel Ragussis)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

0 0%
  • Nay

2 100.00%

Thread: Imperium (Daniel Ragussis)

Imperium (Daniel Ragussis)

Eh, this started quite well and it's interesting at the very least for the amount of information it packs about white supremacist groups. It's obviously a well researched film. But it's not a documentary and it's not advertised as such and, as a thriller movie, it's extremely bland. The tension feels manufactured and the movie just ends... without achieving a well deserved climax or exploring any of the possibilities of its set-up.

Daniel Radcliffe continues to be a solid actor who makes interesting career choices. I don't think I've ever seen a boring movie he starred in post Harry Potter. This one just isn't very good.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Daniel Radcliffe continues to be a solid actor who makes interesting career choices.
    I watched for the same reason. Radcliffe takes chances that his peers simply don't.

Unfortunately, this movie is straight up bad. It's tv movie-of-the-week material with strictly cop show level plot. (Like, oh noes, undercover cop is conflicted about his loyalties? YOU DON'T SAY.) I was surprised how unambitious it was. They had Toni Colette playing Radcliffe's superior officer, too, and she's totally wasted.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    They had Toni Colette playing Radcliffe's superior officer, too, and she's totally wasted.
    She was good but the character was a walking cliché.

The only worthwhile thing about the movie is that it shows how real life racist rethoric works.