Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

10 71.43%
  • Nay

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween (David Gordon Green)

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    These high ratings for H20 both intrigue and disturb me
    I mean, don't take that too seriously, the B- means I find it barely worth the recommendation.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I mean, don't take that too seriously, the B- means I find it barely worth the recommendation.
    Sure thing. I just found it interesting that you, Duke, and Pop all had it in your top ~3 Halloween movies. I don't remember much from it save a general feeling of disappointment, mostly because it felt like a missed opportunity. I'm tempted to re-watch it now, though.

BTW, total non sequitur, but have you seen the new "Suspiria"?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    These high ratings for H20 both intrigue and disturb me
    It's got the best cast out of any of them. JGL, Josh Harnett and Michelle Williams plus of course JLC. So on paper it should be up there to start.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Haven't gone through the thread yet since I haven't seen it all, but, I watched the first fifteen minutes last night, and this is looking terrible. Absolutely hate the "podcast" angle as a way to get people to know this world. We'll see....

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm not particularly a fan of the franchise, so I'm not sure why I really went for this. Maybe moreso for David Gordon Green then anything.

Anyways, this is straight up bad. It's following cliches that have been around for as old as Michael Myers is, in which you can pretty much calculate all that will happen. There's nothing to add. Jamie Lee Curtis' PTSD-ridden is a clever idea, but the execution is not only "PTSD for Dummies-level", it's also incredibly disappointing coming from David Gordon Green. Unsure what happened to this director, but I don't think he's done anything good since 2007. Bummer.

The only thing missing here is a setup for a sequel after the credits.

I won't even bring logic into this for the random usage of lights on that one student, and the lack of technology used in the city.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This was fucking phenomenal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12