View Poll Results: Summer of 84

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goonies + Monster Squad + Stranger Things

2 100.00%
  • Things + Troll 2 + Basket Case

0 0%

Thread: Summer of 84 (François Simard, Anouk Whissell, Yoann-Karl Whissell)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Summer of 84 (François Simard, Anouk Whissell, Yoann-Karl Whissell)

Yeh, three directors.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    This was pretty fun and well crafted was a pretty great 80s vibe (Even though the 80s feels so played out at this point). It really does feel like Monster Squad meets Goonies meets Stranger Things with the Burbs structure. I am such a sucker for 'who done it' mystery movies like this. These are the same guys that gave us Turbo Kid (which I also loved). Hard to tell where the development of this and Stranger Things started/ended but I don't think this movie was trying to take advantage of the new hot nostalgia trend. The last act will make or break ya.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I just want to say I loved every minute of this. And sure it will get compared to Stranger Things and IT, but I felt it's vibe felt a lot closer to Fincher's Zodiac.