Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better Call Saul (Season 4)

Lalo quickly ascending the Breaking Bad-Saul world as one of the best characters.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hmm... Maybe it's just me but Jimmy's plea to the council at the end just didn't seem like it would deceive the group considering what his reputation was like. Even moreso that Kim was also affected, and shattered when he revealed he was leading them on. A great acting moment by her, but I feel like the character would've been smarter than that.

Going into the next season, I'm more interested in Lalo VS. Mike/Gus now. Outside of Kim finally giving up on Jimmy, I'm not sure what else there is in that story, if anything.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Is the next season supposed to be the last one?

I agree that Mike's season finale was strangely more compelling than Saul's (that scene under the starry Albuquerque sky was incredible) this time around.

Woah. Didn't realise that Lalo and Nacho were mention by Saul in season 2 of Breaking Bad.

"When Saul Goodman is kidnapped by Walter White and Jesse Pinkman and taken to the desert, Saul assumes that it is Lalo who has abducted him and starts begging for his life, blaming Ignacio for what happened, swearing he's always been friends with the cartel. After realizing Walter and Jesse's confusion, he understands he had mistaken them for Lalo and sighs in relief. ("Better Call Saul")"

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Is the next season supposed to be the last one?

I agree that Mike's season finale was strangely more compelling than Saul's (that scene under the starry Albuquerque sky was incredible) this time around.
    I haven't heard anything if it'll be the last. They shouldn't have as long as a wait though. I'd have to crawl through reddit to see how much is left, but I think they could easily wrap it all up in next season if the intention is to lead one timeline to another. Depends how much "afterwards" they want to go with it is what I wonder about.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    Strong finish, but apart from Jimmy's and Kim's stellar-as-usual arcs, I don't feel like other characters' plots progress throughout the season, more like being incidents upon incidents leading up to Breaking Bad. But I always start a new season of Better Call Saul remembering exactly where Jimmy's story leaves off from last season while having to read up summaries for Mike and Nacho, and now I think with Lalo being a common-interest unifier I probably won't have that problem next year. Speaking of, even without Chuck, Jimmy's arc is particularly strong this year, and ends on a rather powerfully, quietly crushing note.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Good season. I believe the next season will be the last for these reasons: 1) Breaking Bad was 5 seasons (5.5?) 2) Most of the story archs seem to be reaching a point where they can be concluded/led into BB 3) show has not had the strongest numbers, and if I recall, got green lit for season 4 late. Unless they plan on a season following "Gene" around, I think season 5 should be enough to finish it off, and I'd hate for it to overstay it's welcome.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Agreed. Even with Saul/Jimmy going to Omaha, he's so far withdrawn, that I'm hoping we see what causes him to be so solemn. Even in his final moments in BB, he was still fairly energetic. I figure there's some overlap of shows, which could be cool to see.

But yeah, two more seasons of this seems over the top. I figure they can take care of mostly everything in eight or nine episodes, with the last two or so being dedicated to "Gene."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12