View Poll Results: Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

19 82.61%
  • Nay

4 17.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mission: Impossible - Fallout (McQ)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The original is clearly the best. This franchise is more overrated than the Bourne series. Ghost Protocol does not hold up with multiple viewings, there I said it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I spent the entire movie cringing every time they said IMF because it's the same acronym as the International Monetary Fund which, quite frankly, is doing such sizable damage to my country it was hard to swallow them as the heroes of an action flick.

Anyway, I'm not as impressed as most with this. It has a couple of really excellent scenes spread across an unreasonably long running time. It still brings a better 007 game than the actual contemporary 007 franchise, but... I could have done with a shorter movie all the same. Oh and Henry Cavill can't act worth a damn.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I spent the entire movie cringing every time they said IMF because it's the same acronym as the International Monetary Fund which, quite frankly, is doing such sizable damage to my country it was hard to swallow them as the heroes of an action flick.
    Are you in Venezuela?
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Argentina if I recall.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Anyway, I'm not as impressed as most with this. It has a couple of really excellent scenes spread across an unreasonably long running time. It still brings a better 007 game than the actual contemporary 007 franchise, but... I could have done with a shorter movie all the same. Oh and Henry Cavill can't act worth a damn.
    Yep. The set pieces were terrific but the movie was exhausting.

I felt similarly; I mean, I did think that Fallout was pretty exciting stuff, and it certainly had some of the best action scenes/setpieces I've seen from any Hollywood blockbuster in recent memory, but my eyes couldn't help but start to glaze over just a little bit during the plot-ier bits, which were driven by the same kind of shady spy intrigue, gadget gimmickery, and inevitable double-crosses we've all seen in these movies a million times already, only made far messier and convoluted than they needed to be, of course, since McQuarrie's the one who's writing it, and the character-centric stuff, while a little better, still didn't make me care much because it felt like the movie itself didn't care much, so there's not much point to it. At its core, this series has always been about making excuses for Tom Cruise to find new, entertaining ways to almost kill himself for 2 hours, an aspect that Fallout ​does have in spades, but it also dilutes the joy of that by piling too many unnecessary elements on top, so, again, while I did enjoy it pretty well on the whole, it still could've lived up to more of its potential in the end, IMO.
    Last edited by StuSmallz; 01-31-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Oh and Henry Cavill can't act worth a damn.
    I love this movie but agree with this.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123