• Nay

5 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadpool 2 (David Leitch)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Caught this today. Ton of fun.

[
    ]
    Agreed, to a point. It went on so long that it stopped being funny. But then, it just kept going on even beyond that, to where it winded up being funny again, to me at least.

Thought this was great fun, and I enjoyed it more than first movie.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Utterly hilarious, crass and outrageous, which was expected. I liked this better than the first one.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Well that scene goes entirely against what the whole rest of the movie was trying to do. I could see why it was cut.

Well that scene goes entirely against what the whole rest of the movie was trying to do. I could see why it was cut.
    Agreed. It was actually funny.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Agreed. It was actually funny.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    This was fun! Like the first Deadpool, I don't think it amounts to much beyond its silliness, but the silliness mostly worked. Whenever the flick goes for heart, it feels less effective to me (did anybody in-film mention how this was essentially Looper with more dick jokes?). And the reveal of pedophilia as a secondary plot mover kinda bugged me. It's also a bit odd that the film is all about not murdering in revenge, and then it celebrates the taxi driver slaking his bloodlust by running down a villain, but I can't imagine taking this film's ethics seriously is a good use of time. And most of these superhero flicks biff it on clearly separating justice/vigilantism/revenge, so you know, whatever. Parachute scene = fantastic.

Refresh my memory on the pedophilia?

Yeah, seconded.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I thought they talked a few times about the staff at the anti-mutant hospital being rapists. Was that just a joke? I know the first time they do it, it's a joke (Deadpool just kills the guy 'cause he kinda looks like a pedophile, all pallid and stringy), but I thought they mentioned it occasionally in the second and third acts as a pretext for making the wholesale murder at the end a little more palatable.

I could've totally misread that, it was late Friday night after a real fuck of a week.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just thought that was all Deadpool jokes, not actual pedophilia. They hated mutants and thought they were abominations, I would agree with you it would've been weird if they were fucking them. It also would've been wildly inconsistent if Deadpool killed weird stringy guy in a heartbeat but let ringleader live.

I'm saying if you're right, I agree with you. If I'm right, then we agree too? *holds hand, skips away*

- - - - -
    I don't remember all the details, but I read the film the same way DaMU did, ie: the dialogue implies the kids are being actively abused by their captors. I assumed it was written that way to justify the "heroes" murdering the villains.

I'd rewatch to confirm but ...ya know ... it's "Deadpool 2."

Watched this on Mother's Day while at the family and waiting for the parents to get ready. It works as a spoof of comic book movies, but certainly overdoes its stay. I think you may like it more if you're hoping to see certain comic book characters that you never got to before, but if you're a non-comic book fan, you probably won't like this. I feel like that's what spoof movies should ultimately be able to do.

Also, the CGI is fifteen years in the past.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12