Thread: Recurring dreams

Recurring dreams

Anyone else here experience recurring dreams? I don’t mean the fairly common ones (falling, nude in public, etc), but your own personal recurring scenarios, events or places?

I frequently dream that I still live in the home I grew up in, and that there is a mall within walking distance that has a movie theatre that shows old movies. That’s not the substance of the dream, it’s just a place that often exists in my dream world.

Frequent scenarios / events in my dreams:

- meeting a celebrity who is nice to and interested in everyone around me (family, friends) but doesn’t give a crap about me. For whatever reason it is almost always Hugh Jackman, Tom Cruise or Ben Affleck. Had this one just last night actually, involving Affleck. Loved my family, became good friends with my brother, but treated me like garbage

- returning to my paternal grandparents’ home, and knowing that there is something evil upstairs. A ghost? Poltergeist? Demon? I don’t know, but it’s always upstairs, and I feel a paralyzing fear as I KNOW it is there. I have had this dream so many times that I questioned my parents to find if they knew of any traumatizing events that happened to me there during my childhood (thinking maybe it was something my conscious mind has forgotten but is still somewhere deep in my brain), but they don’t recall anything

- consistent sexual disappointment. I don’t have sex dreams very often, but when I do they always involve me and whoever my partner in the dream is being interrupted before anything happens. I also frequenty imagine the woman as being my very first crush ever from elementary school, even if that is not who they actually are in the dream. They just have her physical appearance.

- being able to fly, and losing the power gradually throughout the dream. It becomes harder and harder for me to take off, then eventually I can only jump high and far, then only jump and float a bit, and finally I can’t fly at all anymore.

Not sure what any of these mean (if anything).

Share yours!
    Last edited by megladon8; 03-14-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Just my teeth falling out, often breaking apart in my mouth to reveal huge black cavities within, though apparently such dreams are fairly common.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

I've been bad about writing down my dreams. The one I remember last was meeting Terry Crews in a bar and becoming best friends.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Most of the dreams I remember find me in college, mid to most of the way through my last term, and finding that i haven't been to class in weeks and I'm freaking out because it's my last semester and if I fail, I don't get my degree.

I think it's karma paying me back for my skipping class so much my first few years of college.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    When I first read this thread, I couldn't think of any dreams... until Bacon's post!

I too have a similar situation where I either, 1) can't find my class or my schedule is so complicated that I forget I actually have class 2) cant open my locker because I can't remember my combo (which for some reason we have lockers in College) 3) Didn't study or didn't do any homework for a class and it's the last class of the semester.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Just my teeth falling out, often breaking apart in my mouth to reveal huge black cavities within, though apparently such dreams are fairly common.
    Yes I have this one semi-frequently as well.

“Apparently” (I put this in quotations because I’m not sold on dream interpretations as a science), these dreams mean you have deeply seeded worries about money.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yes I have this one semi-frequently as well.

“Apparently” (I put this in quotations because I’m not sold on dream interpretations as a science), these dreams mean you have deeply seeded worries about money.
    That makes sense. After all, going to the dentist ain't cheap.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World