Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westworld (Season 2)

That was brutal.

Well that was a heck of a finale.

And now we have a new Professor X and Magneto.

[
    ]

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Man I fucking loved this season. Episode 8 was one of the best standalone episodes I've seen. Incredible finale. Don't get the criticizing. I love the narrative ambition.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Producer
    Yeah I would get it if many frustrated criticisms at the finale, and during this season, happen more during the one-whole-mystery-box thing of season 1, rather than the more standalones-heavy, world-expanding season 2. Not that I don't see why people would be irritated at this season, since the timeline obfuscation, apart from those dealing with Bernard's scrambled mindset, doesn't feel purposeful like season 1 that much and just gets so tired at this point (and even in that season it wore thin towards the end).

But after being slightly underwhelmed by season 1's finale, I am gratified by how this one can almost serve as a series finale of sort, and also encapsulates the season quite well. Messy, but several heartfelt conclusions and a few satisfying resolutions (kind of great in a meta-way how [
    ]). Season 1 may be more immaculately crafted as a whole, but I just like this season having (sometimes shoddily connected) short-story-ish narratives and heart more.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Yeah. Absolutely loved the stand-alone approach for each episode, but served the season as well.

Loving the finale more and more, and I'll even rewatch this season for reasons I already shared.

I totally understand if people don't like it because it's hard to follow. My own opinion is that if you read up on S1's traits, it didn't seem that incredibly hard to follow. Plus, I feel like no show has ever attempted something this grandiose. I'm guessing it'll be two years until the next year, but I'm fully in to see the outside world of this show, and have no idea what they'll do to keep the world fresh inside the parks (I guess there's three other parks).

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm catching up. Haven't read anything about the finale yet... but WTF was the point of Shogun World? That mini-side quest was super lame for 2 episodes. Was it just eye candy for the audience? If I had known they were not going to accompany them back into the tunnels I would have skipped both of those episodes.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm catching up. Haven't read anything about the finale yet... but WTF was the point of Shogun World? That mini-side quest was super lame for 2 episodes. Was it just eye candy for the audience? If I had known they were not going to accompany them back into the tunnels I would have skipped both of those episodes.
    Certainly fan service and being able to show who Maeve could and couldn't mind control. I enjoyed it, and figure we'll see the other two worlds at some point.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Still catching up.

On Episode 7- does this episode reveal[
    ]

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Still catching up.

On Episode 7- does this episode reveal[
    ]
    Not quite sure what you mean...can you ask that a different way or explain it more?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Not quite sure what you mean...can you ask that a different way or explain it more?
    The way the episode is structured, we have two stories going on with Bernard.

[
    ]

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    different time periods, but i don't know if that's been revealed yet at that point.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Ahhh, I understand precisely why you feel that way and where you are at. Unfortunately, we cannot explain it to you without ruining some incredible writing structure. You will just have to take the ride, and by the end it will all make sense. Jonathon Nolan was one of the writers.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Ahhh, I understand precisely why you feel that way and where you are at. Unfortunately, we cannot explain it to you without ruining some incredible writing structure. You will just have to take the ride, and by the end it will all make sense. Jonathon Nolan was one of the writers.
    Roger that. I'll push through it.

Most of Westworld Reddit didn't like the season. I was loving it the entire way, with mixed timelines, different worlds, and... maybe save for the end duke, [
    ]

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Not for duke yet

[
    ]

Yeh i hate the timeline shit. [
    ]

Shit season

Ahhh! I liked it! They had to [
    ] The complexity of constructing a writing project like that blew my mind. Was it confusing through the second act of the season? Sure! But I think they stuck the landing and I understood everything, even why they did it that way.

The Q&A session scenes with Teddy, the solo Indian episode, Wu-Tang CREAM, and what I already mentioned contributed to why I really liked it. I think the performances in a second viewing would also make things cooler to see, but I don't know that I'll do that.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Okay, I agree with the solo Indian episode and Wu-Tang CREAM episode. It fell apart for me after episode 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12