Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Thread

Marvel Comics Thread

Since DC's relaunch has its own thread, it's only fair to create one for Marvel's too.

Here are the officially confirmed new series so far:

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Rick Remender
    Artist: John Cassaday

The Avengers and X-Men must join forces to overcome the greatest challenge either team has ever faced, one so devastating that neither can afford to do it alone! Can Captain America’s newly assembled team—including Thor, Scarlet Witch, Havok & Rogue-- find a way to peacefully co-exist while also dealing with the game-changing repercussions of Avengers VS X-Men?

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Penciller: Stuart Immonen

In the wake of the events of Avengers Vs. X-Men, the mutant world is set to receive a big blast from the past, in the form of the original X-Men! How will the young, unsuspecting mutants from the past – including Jean Grey – react to the conflict and turmoil that has engulfed the world of their future?

A+X #1
    Rotating creative team

Get ready for action-packed stories featuring team-ups from your favorite Marvel heroes every month! First, a story where Wolverine and Hulk come together, and then Captain America and Cable meet up! But will each partner’s combined strength be enough?

NEW AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Jonathan Hickman
    Artist: Steve Epting

[Classified]

AVENGERS #1
    Writer: Jonathan Hickman
    Penciller: Jerome Opena

It’s a new day and a new beginning for the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, with a brand new team that’s bigger and better than ever before! And they won’t just be ‘Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’, either – when the galaxy is in danger, the Avengers will answer the call!
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

And then here are the teases:

IRON MAN

THOR

HULK

DEADPOOL

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

So, Avengers are now taking an epic, galactic direction? Interest: piqued.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So, Avengers are now taking an epic, galactic direction? Interest: piqued.

Tom Brevoort: First off, it's important for you to know that, while we're not ready to tell you any more about it, Jonathan will also be writing NEW AVENGERS as well as AVENGERS.

I mention that because the second thing you need to know is that, like AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, AVENGERS is going to be shipping twice a month. So there'll be three Hickman-written Avengers comics coming out every 30 days—two issues of AVENGERS and one issue of NEW AVENGERS.

I can tell you that NEW AVENGERS will be an absolutely essential sister title to AVENGERS, intrinsically linked to what’s going on in that book. Together, the two will function as Black and White, Day and Night, Life and Death.

The main imperative for the Avengers coming out of AvX is a need to think bigger. Had the Avengers been better prepared, better manned, better equipped, the events of AvX might have been able to have been dealt with in a much shorter order. So we'll be fielding a very large core team comprised of 18 or so characters—spanning the key players in the “Marvel’s The Avengers” film, mainstays of the current team such as Captain Marvel—Carol Danvers—and Spider-Woman, classic Avengers of the past such as The Falcon, some established Marvel characters of note that have never been Avengers before, and a number of completely new, though familiar, characters as well. And we'll be keeping things in motion—not every hero will be featured in every issue and there'll be smaller groups tasked to deal with rising situations as they crop up.
    Movie Theater Diary

Chimichangas LMAO :lol:

Okay, I don't see JRJR anywhere on those list of new titles. Thinking I'm gonna need to add back some Avengers titles to the ol' pull list...

EDIT: Rocket Raccoon? SOLD
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Okay, I don't see JRJR anywhere on those list of new titles.
    He'll be doing a Cap title with Remender.

Also, Fraction/Bagley/Allred on Fantastic Four/FF.

Honestly, I think all the shake-ups sound pretty good, but I'm probably only going to get Hickman's 3 Avengers. I'm sure Aaron will have some crazy Viking-style action run on Thor, though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Anyway, like Sven said:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

FANTASTIC FOUR

Not sure what. I really don't think it's X-men Legacy. It's the least obvious teaser so far.

Movie Theater Diary

I can't believe that I'm gonna commit to four Avengers books. Sheesh.

Four? Secret or Uncanny?
    Movie Theater Diary

I remember wishing that Bagley would deepen his artistic bag back in the early 90s with Amazing Spider-man--and this is from someone whose very first purchased comic was a New Warriors issue that he illustrated. He's decent enough but I can't believe he's still so appreciated that he'd get a title like FF.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Four? Secret or Uncanny?
    Both, sucka. Putting it at five issues a month.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    What'st the relationship between Chimichangas and Deadpool?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What'st the relationship between Chimichangas and Deadpool?
    It's just a non-sequitur undercutting the seriousness and pomp of the other announced titles. It's silly on its own, but funny enough when juxtaposed against the others.

Meantime, has Posehn written comics before or is this his first try?
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

He likes them.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Meantime, has Posehn written comics before or is this his first try?
    He wrote a graphic novel called Last Christmas with Image years ago. Also co-written with Duggan. It's about Santa Claus emerging from the North Pole only to discover that the world has already been overrun by zombies.
    Movie Theater Diary

"I do flash back and show a young Thor in action, but he's actually just one of three Thors that I want to focus on, "Arron tells Newsarama. "This first story is an epic tale that plays out over the course of thousands of years. So we spend time with young Thor in the Viking age — the young, hotheaded god of the Vikings, who loves to come down to Midgard and get into trouble. In the present, we see Thor the Avenger on a journey that takes him to the far corners of space, interacting with all sorts of new space gods and wondrous new locations.

"And then we also see old King Thor, who's the last king of Asgard, thousands of years in the future, where something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

"Linking all these eras and Thors together is one villain, an all-new character [Gorr, the God Butcher], who is basically, at least initially, a serial killer of gods. He's a guy with a serious axe to grind against all immortal beings in the cosmos, and he's going around doing his best to kill them all off, one at a time, as brutally as possible. That villain's story unfolds over the course of all these different eras. He starts as a serial killer of gods, but by the end, he has become something even more frightening."
    Okay, fine. I'll get this.

Arghh. Aaron and his crazy ideas, always sucking me in.
    Movie Theater Diary

Seems like the Fantastic Four/FF dual title concept is being continued by Fraction. If this is for FF, then Mike Allred is a great choice for it.

Movie Theater Diary

I'll give a few of these a shot. What is avengers vs x-men all about anyway?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'll give a few of these a shot. What is avengers vs x-men all about anyway?
    Bull vs Shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Bull vs Shit.
    This. It's seriously not worth worrying about. All you need to know is that they're fighting and Marvel has already spoiled the end: they learn to work together. Story painful. Artwork has some moments.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    This. It's seriously not worth worrying about. All you need to know is that they're fighting and Marvel has already spoiled the end: they learn to work together. Story painful. Artwork has some moments.
    Figured as much. Haven't heard a thing about it until I browsed a comic book store, and saw the many many issues they all had. Didn't even seem to be running low on them.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

i'm enjoying it a lot. a lot of it has to do with this being the big finale to the last 10 or so years of marvel, and someone who's enjoyed those stories a lot, for the most part

and they actually haven't spoiled the end yet, since none of the "phoenix five" (ugh) have shown up in any of the marvel now! materials (besides cyclops who only shows up on the poster)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast