Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dundee with Mcbride

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Dundee with Mcbride

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Awesome.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Count this as one of the things I wanted without really knowing I wanted.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

The rumor I'm hearing is that there is actually no movie and this is some kind of stunt for a Superbowl ad.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Figures.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The rumor I'm hearing is that there is actually no movie and this is some kind of stunt for a Superbowl ad.
    Makes sense.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I read this too somewhere. What is utterly astonishing is how a few people, our very own people in fact, felt this was something they totally needed.

Is it mere worshipping at the altar of Danny McBride? Or does this truly fill a hole in their lives? Absolutely horrid teaser, but the 1986 original is really charming.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

In the slog of shit comedies I see ads for every year, the idea of McBride being a Dundee seems charming.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

No interest (if it's an actual movie) at all, really.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    More marketing for this fake legacy movie than a real legacy movie about Han Solo.

At this point I kind of feel like all involved might actually suffer a bit of blowback for this horseshit. Then they'll actually make a movie to try to repair and it will suck and we'll hate them even more.

- - - - -
    Honestly, a "Sons of Dundee" movie with the Hemsworth brothers searching the Australian Outback for their father isn't a bad idea.

Love that back when the movies were at the height of their popularity, the country was butthurt that it pushed stereotypes.

Now they use it to advertise the country.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Fantastic country. No need to use Crocodile Dundee to attract tourism, but if this is the country's idea, whatever.

Make the tickets cheaper to fly there and I'll go right back.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Listen, as the resident Crocodile Dundee expert, this premise would've broken the continuity of the franchise. Dundee's son was established in the third movie as an Australian kid with blonde hair. Why would he grow up to be Danny McBride? Unless they're suggesting that this is a different son no one knew about, which means Dundee either lied about having never been to the US in the first movie, or he cheated on Linda Kozlowski and knocked up another woman. Both scenarios seem out of character.
    Movie Theater Diary

Don't hang around a lot of kids do you Arya? Lots of children have blonde hair at birth or early in their life and eventually turns dark brown. Same with eyes ( from blue to brown)

OK, but the kid was Australian and 8 years old in that movie, which came out in 2001. And lives in Australia.

Danny McBride is American and definitely not in his mid-20s.
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    so then Hemsworth is the real son who wants nothing to do with his father and McBride is his weird stepbrother who idolizes Dundee? wouldn't be that hard to figure out
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

- - - - -
    Dundee's son was established in the third movie as an Australian kid with blonde hair.
    what the hell!? third movie???

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    so then Hemsworth is the real son who wants nothing to do with his father and McBride is his weird stepbrother who idolizes Dundee? wouldn't be that hard to figure out
    --> "which means Dundee either lied about having never been to the US in the first movie, or he cheated on Linda Kozlowski and knocked up another woman. Both scenarios seem out of character."
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm making a petition to decanonize the sequels. Whos with me??

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm making a petition to decanonize the sequels. Whos with me??
    [Irish voice] Even though they were cash grabs, retconning the sequels is a shitty thing to do to longtime fans.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    We can blow this franchise WIDE OPEN

- Sons of Dundee 2
    - Crocodile Dundee Goes to Space
    - Crocodile Dundee Gets a Job
    - Lego Dundee
    - Crocodile Dundee Meets Key and Peele
    - Crocodile Dundee Meets Han Solo
    - Crocodile Dundee Meets Rocky
    - Crocodile Dundee After Dark: The Mistress Whip (Cinemax special event)
    - Crocodile Dundee After Dark: Mick Meets a Midget (Cinemax special event)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast