Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 4)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 4)

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Bringing in Ghost Rider and his penance stare seemingly just to play off of Daisy's guilt and self-loathing is the kind of low-key use of a guest superhero that I really like about a shared comic book universe, so that's a marginally clever decision I enjoyed. Of course, that usually works better when you're doing a quick one-off. This looks like it's building Ghost Rider as a major character, but the whole he's-out-there-killing-minor-thugs-and-robbers set-up feels pretty underwhelming. That's a character introduction you can pretty much substitute GR with any other superpowered being in this universe.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Stoked this show is back. The recent cliffhanger left me with a real strong WTF.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

The newest ep is the kind of movie tie-in I prefer to see. No need to strain the plots to match. Just take something interesting from the movies and incorporate it seamlessly into the show.

A robot who can replicate Doctor Strange's magic. Horrifying.
    Movie Theater Diary

super in for this new storyline

Producer
    That was my favorite episode of the season so far. Things moved fast but still flowed really well, and sometimes unexpectedly too (Nadeen, for one). Mallory Jansen has been so good as Aida, and she is especially great this episode in differentiating between two characters. That plotline reminds me a bit of [
    ].
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Yeah, the opening was pretty unexpected. The show is consistently good at delivering that kind of swerve.
    Movie Theater Diary

Producer
    Potential hyperbole incoming: Wow, that was an all-timer for the show. If not my favorite episode, at the very least in the top three for sure. Its most intriguing storyline, firing on all cylinders on the action, suspense, and heartfelt emotions, with a healthy dollop of thoughtful thematic probing and one hell of a cliffhanger. Love that it revolves around the show's three best actors (Simmons, Fitz, May) and most improving (Skye) too.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Producer
    And next episode is on April 4th???? I see from wiki now that this is the end of Arc 2 for this season, but dammittttt for having to wait that long.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Absolutely series best. This show, man. It doesn't consistently delivers, but every few episodes it just fires one that ranks it up there with some of the best the MCU has to offer.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    And next episode is on April 4th???? I see from wiki now that this is the end of Arc 2 for this season, but dammittttt for having to wait that long.
    Dang. Had no idea. Anyway, great way to leave it hanging. I love this show and will watch it until it's gone.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Producer
    This new arc's first episode (that title change is so good) reminds me of Fringe's alternate universe with all its delightful deviations and intricate details, but with even more propulsive plot momentum right off the gate. Loved the switch-and-bait with Ward.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

This season is crazy good. I'm so glad they're playing in this universe for an entire arc, instead of the bullshit Flash pulled with Flashpoint.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I gotta get back into this. I'm currently in the middle of season 2.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    This season is crazy good. I'm so glad they're playing in this universe for an entire arc, instead of the bullshit Flash pulled with Flashpoint.
    haven't watched the flash, but this is reminding me of the fringe parallel universe stuff in the best way

[]

edit: lol i didn't even see peng's post

Nevertheless, she persisted. lol.
    Movie Theater Diary

Producer
    "Maybe she's just racist."

I love that Phil Coulson is still on cheesy one-liners and inspirational speeches even in this alternate world.

So... [
    ]
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Or both?
    Movie Theater Diary

Good Ward ultimately saving the day by somehow sacrificing himself to get everyone out of the framework would seem obvious... then the cliffhanger is a 3D printed Ward in the real world asking Daisy if she wants to go grab a coffee or something. I would mark out as they say in wrestling.

Well, shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Producer
    That's a whole lot of mess to untangle, which will be thrilling to see. Only two episodes left!
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Producer
    Mallory Jansen's best work yet. Her performance makes me want to check out Galvanant.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

She's wonderful there.

On a related note, I think Ian de Caestecker consistently gives one of the most riveting performances on television. And he will never get any recognition for it because he's doing it on this show. At least Tatiana Maslany had the benefit of having a flashy role. Caestecker shows similar range but it's all gradual.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    She's wonderful there.

On a related note, I think Ian de Caestecker consistently gives one of the most riveting performances on television. And he will never get any recognition for it because he's doing it on this show. At least Tatiana Maslany had the benefit of having a flashy role. Caestecker shows similar range but it's all gradual.
    +1

Fitz and Gemma are easily one of TV's greatest screen couples. Such epic romance. When Gemma was eavesdropping on Fitz talking to Aida, then realizing he's still the same old Fitz... fuck, I about lost it.

this has been renewed btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast