Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Shadow of the Colossus" in "Kong: Skull Island," the first of a mini-mini-series on uncommon movie

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Brand new boy, this time about how a key visual in Emmerich's 2012 borrows from the classic nuclear footage taken during the 1953 Upshot-Knothole explosions - y'know, the trees bending against the explosion that you saw at the beginning of Fury Road.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Thanks a lot. Now I want to watch 2012.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Thanks a lot. Now I want to watch 2012.
    It's good! I'll got bat for it, even if it's 30 minutes too long. It's the world's bleakest Looney Tune ever, where you're simultaneously giggling at the absurd near-misses of the heroes while sort of shocked by how viciously the film murders cities and middle-fingers religion. (The natural disasters pointedly destroy St. Peter's Basilica, the Christ the Redeemer statue, a Buddhist sanctuary, the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and cuts off the President in the middle of a prayer. Emmerich wanted to include destruction of Islamic sites, but producers feared a fatwa.)

Producer
    I don't know if I can call it good, but when it came out I still watched it twice in theater just to, at the very least, experience that bugnut, insanely escalating, one-damn-thing-after-another-and-another first city-wide disaster again.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

The ground splitting after the line "I feel like there's something pulling us apart" is *chef kissy fingers* cinema.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Newest boy, Gustave Dore in Aronofsky's The Fountain:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12