Page 260 of 310 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 7750

Thread: MLB Discussion

Director
    Amazing. Red Sox clear all their bad contracts except for Lackey and only have to give up A-Gon's years 31-36.

Dan Roche posted:
    Trade complete...MLB source tells me. #RedSox send Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford, Punto to #Dodgers for James Loney and 4 prospects. #wbz

Fantastic, the Dodgers upgraded at first from James Loney to Adrian Gonzalez. Talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse. Thanks a lot, Duke.

Except that the Red Sox are getting rid of two under performing players and one player (A-Gone) with a huge contract. I'd say that this deal is worth it for the Red Sox solely in terms of getting out from under Beckett's contract, and also being rid of someone who was poisoning their clubhouse. At the same time the Dodgers are getting pitching and offensive help for a playoff push. So I think this deal benefits both sides.

Oh and I just read Phil Taylor's hilarious column in SI about Stephen Strasburg being shut down by the Nationals. Knowing their history and their luck this move will result in the Nats missing out on reaching the World Series. I'm just calling it right now.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Director
    I like to think of this as The Great Nick Punto Trade of 2012.

@shredderpunto
    #dodgers doing it first class!

Is Gonzalez really worth taking on Crawford and Beckett's contracts? The Dodgers now owe these players nearly a quarter billion dollars.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

Yeah, it's an insane amount of money to take on. I sure hope they know what they're doing. Gonzalez will do well and I think Beckett has a chance to turn things around in the NL, but I don't know. They gave up one of their better prospects are are getting "only" $12 million from the Sox.
    Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler) - ***
    The World's End (Edgar Wright) - ***

My ROTO team is imploding. I was 1st for nearly all of June, and have since slid to 3rd in July, now dropped to 4th. My team simply doesn't hit... 1-3rd gets money. Hope they can recover.

So annoying to see my team 1-30 on the day.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

At one point I was leading my Yahoo league, but now I'm just simply clinging to second place. In my only playoff league I'm trying to make a push for the 4th and final playoff spot, but its not looking good even though I have a shot at winning my week in pretty good fashion. The only reason I've been doing good in my third league is that everyone else has quit playing, and there's only 6 teams total.

Ezee who is on your roster? And is there anyone decent still available on the waiver wire? You do have one more month to try and right the ship.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Best trade ever. We shed a quarter of a $billion and we are on the hook for $45 million next year. Thank you Dodgers. They opened up LF and 1B, the two most common positions you could look for.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    Fantastic, the Dodgers upgraded at first from James Loney to Adrian Gonzalez. Talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse. Thanks a lot, Duke.
    Don't thank me yet. You have a quarter of a billion dollars in bad contracts. Your team gave up your top 2 pitching prospects (one of which is rated to be a 1 or 2 power starter) for a good 1B, a burnout pitcher who has lost his love for the game and guy who is a day removed from the operating table and won't even make opening day next year. Everyone but LA realizes this is the biggest lopsided trade in the history of the MLB. LA is living in the clouds.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh, I'm a Giants fan. I was jokingly thanking you for improving the Dodgers' chances of winning the division this year. James Loney is a huge steaming pile of crap and Adrian Gonzalez is one of the best players in baseball.

I think you guys got a good deal but it sort of came at my team's expense is all.

Bautista out for the year with wrist surgery. My fantasy team will also be out for the year as a result.

FYI fantasy owners who are in contention. Zach Britton being called up today.

I moved from 3rd to 2nd in the past week and the #1 guy is maxed out of innings and several positions.

I might give him a look, as I'm locked in a playoff battle in one league.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The Angels better have figured out their shit, because I'm tired of all this "Hey look, we suck" and then "Oh hey, same team, but now we're all awesome" back and forth all season long bullshit. They seriously better make the playoffs with how well there playing now after pretty much throwing away any playoff opportunity during the first three weeks of August.

Director
    The Dodgers have lost 3.5 games in their divisional race since acquiring a quarter billion in talent.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    The Dodgers have lost 3.5 games in their divisional race since acquiring a quarter billion in talent.
    Is that really surprising to anyone but the Dodgers?

Lincecum even walked 7 guys last night and they still won. BP is giving us 94 percent odds to win the division. And yet, that last three game series in October scares the poop out of me. It's giving me flashbacks to Steve Finley.

Anyone else think it's insane to bench Strasburg rest of the season? I understand an innings limit if your team isn't in contention, but they have a chance at a World Series. Just baffles that they wouldn't let him pitch in the playoffs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It is by far the dumbest idea I've ever seen in all my years of following sports.

Even dumber than the Ricky Williams trade.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Some reports are saying that he may play in the playoffs, but it doesn't make sense to sit him for an entire month in that case. I don't know. There's no chance they beat the Reds without Strasburg.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Nats are a lock for the postseason so it makes sense to shut Strasburg down until October. But they're batshit crazy if they leave their best player off their playoff roster.

Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    The Nats are a lock for the postseason so it makes sense to shut Strasburg down until October. But they're batshit crazy if they leave their best player off their playoff roster.
    He'll be cold by then don't you think? You don't shut a player down for a month, and then have him start you off in the playoffs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Anyone else think it's insane to bench Strasburg rest of the season? I understand an innings limit if your team isn't in contention, but they have a chance at a World Series. Just baffles that they wouldn't let him pitch in the playoffs.
    LOL Nationals. Its a dumb move, and its going to cost them a chance to play in the World Series. I'm standing by my pick of the Reds to represent the NL in the World Series. The AL playoff picture is too muddled for me to go with any team, but I'm feeling the Rangers at the moment just because why not? They've gone there twice.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Love this;