Page 208 of 310 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 7750

Thread: MLB Discussion

Director
    Ubaldo to the Indians for 2 top prospects and a couple filler guys.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Ubaldo to the Indians for 2 top prospects and a couple filler guys.
    According to ESPN, they gave up 3 of their top 10 in Alex White, Joe Gardner, and Drew Pomeranz. And then the filler in Matt McBride.

Seems like a lot for Ubaldo, who's been an above-average pitcher since last year's all-star break.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seems like a lot for Ubaldo, who's been an above-average pitcher since last year's all-star break.
    Yeah, I'm not crazy about Ubaldo coming to the division, but it's nice that Cleveland gave up a lot for him.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Rich Harden to the Sox
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Rich Harden to the Sox
    Is he still something to get excited about?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Is he still something to get excited about?
    Deal is off due to medical concerns. Bummer. But yeh, with Clay possibly out for the rest of the year, he would have been a solid addition to the rotation.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Deal is off due to medical concerns. Bummer. But yeh, with Clay possibly out for the rest of the year, he would have been a solid addition to the rotation.
    Yeah. He has been pretty solid, just can't play very long. He'll be a great relief pitcher I think.

Stats

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Clay has stress facture in his back. Probably will miss rest of season.

Is this a "fuck you" to Rockies fans? I mean, OK, you're likely out of it for this year, but you have a very good pitcher who is under control until 2014 for relatively cheap terms. What are the chances that any of the guys they got from Cleveland will be as good as Ubaldo? He had the best season of any Rockies pitcher in franchise history just last year. Why the hell are they trading him?
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Is he really that remarkable, or did he just have an incredible half-season? I mean, his career numbers before, and now after the first half of last season, are incredibly mediocre outside of his strikeout rate. I'm not convinced he's the ace everyone believes him to be.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Is he really that remarkable, or did he just have an incredible half-season? I mean, his career numbers before, and now after the first half of last season, are incredibly mediocre outside of his strikeout rate. I'm not convinced he's the ace everyone believes him to be.

He has an ERA+ of 128 for his career. It's not Roy Halladay but it's pretty good. He's young, cheap, and under control for three more years. This year has been disappointing but he was hurt in the beginning. The Rockies almost made the playoffs last year and have some young pieces. Just seems like they are giving up way too early on him, all things considered.

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    He has an ERA+ of 128 for his career. It's not Roy Halladay but it's pretty good. He's young, cheap, and under control for three more years. This year has been disappointing but he was hurt in the beginning. The Rockies almost made the playoffs last year and have some young pieces. Just seems like they are giving up way too early on him, all things considered.
    Oh, I don't disagree with that. I was never quite clear on why the Rockies felt compelled to try to move him. I'm just a bit tired of hearing him anointed as an ace when he hasn't really established himself as one throughout his career. That said, I'm not too pleased that he made his way to the AL Central.

It's the Rockies that I've always known, so it comes as no surprise.

But it is kind of baffling that they were in such a rush to move him with no talk of contracts at all. And with the signings of Cargo and Tulo at the beginning of the year, I find it even more strange that there was no talk of resigning Ubaldo.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Why resign him when he's under control next year with club options for 2013 and 2014, all for very reasonable dollars.

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Why resign him when he's under control next year with club options for 2013 and 2014, all for very reasonable dollars.
    The idea is by then, he'll get a HUGE contract. It's why Longoria was signed in his first year, Pedroia, Ortiz was signed early, etc etc.

The idea is by then, he'll get a HUGE contract. It's why Longoria was signed in his first year, Pedroia, Ortiz was signed early, etc etc.
    Who cares? That's three full years later. If he pitches well he'll have just as much value with a year left on his contract as three. It's not a bad team. They are basically telling the fans they don't think they can compete, which seems absurd.

Cargo and Tulo both were signed with two or three years left also.

I'm still holding the opinion that there's something not known. Perhaps an injury or clubhouse conflicts that the Rockies didn't release. It was reported on talkradio (so what it's worth) that they had a deal with the Yankees, but the Yankees had some questions that weren't answered, and they pulled back on the offer.

Regardless, it's like trading away Matt Holliday the year after the Rockies went to the World Series. I just wonder how long we gotta wait for the Cleveland prospect to come. If it's more then one year, then I'll have the same line of thinking as you.

Chacin is showing more consistency. Hammel is the veteran. Rogers and Nicasio have some moments, but still too young. I hope Cook is done after this season...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

My worst memories of Cook was a couple years back when he helped sink my fantasy team in the playoffs.

The Rockies are a small market team, but Ubaldo's contract wasn't too large. I wonder if with the Indians he reverts back to his 2010 form and then they won't be able to afford to resign him down the road. But I imagine that Cleveland is more worried about contending for the division at this point.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Another blown win by the Rockies. Grr....

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Director
    Hanley/Votto for Tulo/Teixeira?

I'd hate to get rid of Votto in a keeper league but Hanley is a lame duck and I have until the deadline to deal him or lose him.

I'd go for it if it's a keeper league. Teixiera and Tulo will both be reliable.

Although I still can't fathom how Hanley is doing so bad.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Phillies are currently 50-6 in games in which they score 4 or more runs. They are 62-13 in games in which they score at least 3 runs.

Games started by the big 4: 51-29 (.638)
    Games started by others: 19-10 (.655)

Wrap your head around that.

Kyle Kendrick manhandled the Rockies yesterday. Probably one of the fastest games I've ever been at.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Director
    Red Sox win despite free-agent mistakes

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...agent-mistakes

See? I'm not the only one who thinks their FA track record is less than stellar.