Page 270 of 310 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 7750

Thread: MLB Discussion

I would go with Trout winning MVP, but I don't mind Cabrera winning the award. I'm more surprised that Price won CY Young. I thought Verlander or Weaver would take it. Dickey being the first knuckballer to win Cy Young was pretty sweet. Too bad he plays for the crappy Mets.

ROY's were easy to choose, and Trout won that so its not as if he came away empty handed or anything. This is based on assuming that Cabrera will win MVP. Buster Posey should take home MVP in the NL.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Triple Crown hasn't been done in my lifetime. Cabrera should get it, and it should be acceptable, even with Trout's MVP season.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Wow, Verlander got absolutely hosed. What a terrible choice.

Congrats, shaun.

Director
    No congrats needed. I've distanced myself from Mets fandom ever since it was apparent that Selig would do whatever he could to keep the Wilpons as owners and that they would never sell.

I like Dickey though. Everyone likes Dickey, which is why the Mets will probably trade him this offseason.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Seriously, Loria should be forced out of there somehow. If attendance slips, he'll claim no fault, especially after getting the new stadium. He'll just say it's a lame duck fanbase unworthy of its own franchise and threaten to move to San Antonio or Las Vegas or something. He's a piece of shit.
    I've followed the Marlins since their inception (I lived in Miami when they were "born").

When Huizenga had the first fire sale, I hated it but KIND OF understood.

When Loria came in and they won WS #2, and then started to drop players, I STILL understood because the stadium situation was ABYSMAL for the team.

With the new stadium, I thought "now the fans will see what happens when a team can be committed financially."

I am so angry this morning, I want to punch a screen. As long as that asshat is owner, I am not spending a single dollar on that team. I want him forced out.

Oddly, if he does eventually sell, I think the baseball brass HATE him so much (he's a freaking embarassment!) that they'd actually welcome someone like Mark Cuban if he wanted to take on the team, despite their rebuff of his potential buyout of the Cubs.

And you know what? So would I.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Selig Reviewing Marlins/Blue Jays Trade

For once in your piece of shit career, do the right thing, Selig!

I'm more comfortable with Selig forcing Loria to sell than I am with him vetoing a trade. The former is in everyone's best interest and the latter is just unfair to Toronto. I don't want the commissioner to have that kind of authority.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    I'm more comfortable with Selig forcing Loria to sell than I am with him vetoing a trade. The former is in everyone's best interest and the latter is just unfair to Toronto. I don't want the commissioner to have that kind of authority.
    I go by fantasy rules. If a trade is unfair due to one tanking team giving away players for nothing, the commish should step in and do something about it. Or have the league owners vote on it.

Wow, it wasn't even close. 22 votes for Cabrera and 6 for Trout. Glad to see Posey take it in a cakewalk.

Wow, it wasn't even close. 22 votes for Cabrera and 6 for Trout. Glad to see Posey take it in a cakewalk.
    Surely the Playoff run has to do something with it also?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Surely the Playoff run has to do something with it also?
    They vote at the end of the regular season I think, unless you mean their run to get into the playoffs.
    Writing things for A Horizontal Myth.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Selig Reviewing Marlins/Blue Jays Trade

For once in your piece of shit career, do the right thing, Selig!
    He won't. Selig only forced out McCourt because the Dodgers were floundering in a large market and that would have looked bad had he allowed McCourt to go through with what he was planning. No one cares about the Marlins outside of Miami, and even there the fanbase has shrank. You can blame that on Loria, who's a piece of shit. And yes they should not just void the trade but also force Loria out.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Director
    I miss the days of firejoemorgan.com.

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/st...91365983965184

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I miss the days of firejoemorgan.com.

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/st...91365983965184
    Yeah, saw that article pop up at the Angels forum I visit. It isn't being received well there.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Melky Cabrera agrees to two-year deal with Toronto
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

When's the last time a defending batting champion was signed to a 2 year deal at well below market value? Crazy. I was hoping we would re-sign him but management pretty much guaranteed that wouldn't happen after they turned their backs on him last year.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays agree to $100 million extension
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    That puts him at a 10/$136m since it tacks onto his existing contract. He was 4 years from FA and injury prone so I guess it's good value for both parties.

When's the last time a defending batting champion was signed to a 2 year deal at well below market value? Crazy. I was hoping we would re-sign him but management pretty much guaranteed that wouldn't happen after they turned their backs on him last year.
    When's the last time a middling player became batting champ in a contract year in which he was also caught taking steroids, creating a fake website post facto, and suspended for a quarter of the year?
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

I'm just glad that Evan Longoria will likely spend his entire career as a Ray. More teams need to lock up their young superstars early instead of playing the stupid arbitration game. Tampa Bay has really become the model for how an organization should be run.

Er, that was kind of my point. The circumstances are so unique that it justifies a batting champion getting a two-year deal below market value, which is crazy.

Gotcha. Maybe "batting champ" should be asterisked or in quotation marks.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Marvin Miller has died. The three most important men in baseball history are Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson and Marvin Miller. Somehow only two of those guys are in the Hall of Fame.

What's even more sad is how many people will blame Miller for today's "overpaid" players. His legacy is now in the hands of anti-union idiots who will bitch and moan about how much it costs to attend a baseball game. He deserved so much better than this. Ugh.

Marvin Miller has died. The three most important men in baseball history are Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson and Marvin Miller. Somehow only two of those guys are in the Hall of Fame.

What's even more sad is how many people will blame Miller for today's "overpaid" players. His legacy is now in the hands of anti-union idiots who will bitch and moan about how much it costs to attend a baseball game. He deserved so much better than this. Ugh.
    I highly doubt that Miller is responsible for the price of baseball tickets going up. I'll admit that I had not heard of Miller before today, but I imagine his legacy is largely a positive one. Owners set the market price for players these days anyways.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Director
    Dodgers are supposedly all in on Greinke so he'll get some ridiculous contract north of Sabathia's.

Reds re-signed Broxton for 3 years in what I assume will mean Aroldis Chapman is finally making his move to the starting rotation. That should be cool to see.