15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unite the League!

5 33.33%
  • Flashpoint it

10 66.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Justice League (Zack Whedon)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    This isn't a Snyder or Whedon film> It's somewhere in between where the studios rejected scenes... and that's exactly how it feels. It feels like a chopped up mishmash of ideas. It's been several days since I've seen it- almost like I couldn't be bothered to write down my thoughts at the time. In some way, I kinda WISH it was the convoluted mess that was BvS. Instead, it's just boiled down to the plot of Man of Steel, only without the rivalry. Some of the worst enhancements, that I thought I would love, was the color correcting. Whedon obviously wanted to brighten up the movie a bit- you can see the difference in the trailer vs the finale movie- but the costumes Snyder helped design were specific to the lightening Snyder wanted to use. When they brightened up, the costumes look really bad- especially Batman. SPOILERS below.

I was cringing during the prologue scene- the cellphone footage and CGied-out mustache was distracting.

Those reshoots btw, were so glaring and obnoxious. The different style of beard Bruce Wayne had during the seaport visit. BTW, why did he have a beard in the first place? The opening scene shows Batman beating up some thug- and the next scene he's got a full beard like 3 months had passed. Is this supposed to imply how long it took him to find Aquaman? All for a 10 minute conversation? Then he's shaving in the next scene. So weird.

That opening scene with Batman and the thug, must have been a reshoot- because it's purpose is to literally setup the fact that the Parademons are attracted to fear, which is an idea that is needed for the finale. I suppose the scene's purpose is to also show when you squish them against a wall, it reveals three motherboxes. Okay what?

Worst villain I've ever seen in a superhero movie since the hacker Dr Doom in Fantastic Four. If Steppenwolf can boom tube directly to the boxes in Atlantis and Themyscira, why does he need to interrogate humans who have been in-contact with the third motherbox? And then he just boom tubes there later while the JL is distracted by Supes?

No explanation on where the motherboxes went after they pulled them apart in the finale.

Most pointless casting ever? JK Simmons as Gordon? I think this one is even more pointless than Gwendoline Christie in Star Wars.

The best part of the movie- is when Supes gets resurrected and he's disoriented. Half the movie should have been based around that one and only interesting idea. Would have been cool if Supes had long hair. The Supes Resurrection is pretty hilarous though, considering the movie is based around building a team to defeat Steppenwolf, which the JL clearly cannot accomplish without the presence of Supes. And the idea the motherboxes could resurrect Supes to begin with really far fetched.

The world building was actually decently done- with the reference to the past war with Steppenwolf and showing the Green Lantern's joining the fight. Liked that.

Hated pretty much everything about the finale. Loved the post credit scene and THAT's the movie I want to see.

Why does an Aquaman movie sound like the worst standalone idea out of the 7?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

[
    ]
    That was all Whedon right there.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Nah can't come with you on that leaky boat, but I did see this screencap from the BvS Ultimate Cut again and thought how much cooler Steppenwolf could've been if he still looked like this:

I would've loved Ciarán Hinds' voice coming out of that!
    agreed, but can you point to any MCU villains in particular you feel are more intimidating? as in, when they are on screen, you feel that they are unstoppable and they are actually doing damage (like killling the heck out of all those amazons). their strength generates actual stakes. I thought Steppenwolf accomplished that for most of the movie.

Loki is certainly a much better villain/character but he was never particularly intimidating in this way. Hela was pretty good in that one scene when she appears and destroys the Hammer but after that she does basically nothing. Thanos doesn't count.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in BvS that image...he was using the krytonian skype, right? He wasn't actually there.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in BvS that image...he was using the krytonian skype, right? He wasn't actually there.
    Correct.

Does Superman have a different costume in this?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

They all have the same costumes (as far as I could tell) only with saturated color corrections.

Can anyone confirm they changed the line from Gordon in this movie from “It’s good to see you playing well with others, again” to “It’s good to see you playing well with others”. to essentially de-link Batman had at one point worked with Robin?

Hmm...I dont remember. I'm hoping to see this again (probably when it hits dollar theater) so I will keep an ear out.

I don't know why they would do that though since their actively working on a Nightwing movie.

If this is true...

I feel like people are reading into it just because of the Steppenwolf tweet.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

First two minutes of Justice League revealed. IT's funny to watch it because I don't remember any of the dialog because I was so distracted by the CGI mustache.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6bmr5m

Wow.

Ha. I forgot about that dream sequence. Was it really for when JL was two parts? I always thought it was about the Flashpoint movie.

Lois is the key? Hmmm.

Finally watching this. Dear God, it makes even less sense than I thought.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Not the train wreck / abomination I thought it would be. It was passable entertainment at best. And to echo sentiments from earlier in the thread, it’s nice to see Superman be less broody.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Not the train wreck / abomination I thought it would be. It was passable entertainment at best. And to echo sentiments from earlier in the thread, it’s nice to see Superman be less broody.
    Well, I thought that JL had started to rectify the DCEU's portrayal of Supes, but a certain scene at the midpoint of the movie ruined all that, but I went into more detail on that point on another forum, so I'll just repost my thoughts on it here:

"I also hated how pointless and poorly justified the League's fight with "evil" Superman was. They desperately tried to force some sort of battle to provide some physical conflict at the film's halfway point, so they just thought, "Well, the League already fought our incredibly memorable main villain Steppenwolf, and they're going to fight him again for our big, ugly, bloated-CGI climax, so we can't use him again... hey, let's just have Superman come back and fight everyone for a minute because he doesn't know who he is or something" (even though he called back to BvS by asking Batman if he bleeds, so I guess he does know who he is...?). And that scene's even more problematic when you consider how the DCEU has had a poor track record in the first place when it comes to portraying Superman as the properly heroic ideal he's supposed to be, the kind of character they pretend they're still doing justice to with moments like the shot of young Clark walking in the breeze wearing a red towel at the end of Man Of Steel, which is supposed to be inspiring... right after we witnessed the adult version of him participate in a city-destroying battle that looks like 9/11 times a thousand, but he seem to almost not notice it at all because he's too busy kissing Lois Lane, and we're somehow supposed to be happy for them, making out on the fresh ashes of Metropolis's very own Ground Zero. And the "evil" Superman fight is even more disappointing in the context of Justice League, because I was beginning to think that they were trying to course-correct this Superman with scenes like the opening flashback footage of Superman being actually, well... Superman-y, in his cute little talk with the admiring kids, or the way Bruce talked about how Clark would be a better leader than him because he grew up among normal people, in a middle-class, middle America childhood on a farm... and then they go and make him evil for a minute for no good reason. I mean, Flash's line about him possibly coming back the "Pet Sematary" way was one of the bits of comic relief that actually worked in the movie, but I had no idea it was meant to be legitimate foreshadowing, for fuck's sake. Such a stupid, pointless scene."

That scene was great.

...what does it have to do with Justice League? Is there a connection between the tweet and the movie I'm missing?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234