Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1224

Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

Came here to post that Atlantic article. There's been garbage orbiting Bryan Singer for decades and the fact that he has made several movies w/ Kevin Spacey made me even more suspect lately. I remember hearing about the Apt Pupil controversies 20 years ago, but dismissed it since it's so hard to decipher TMZ gossip shit from truth in Hollywood.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Heh. I have no opinion on Dunham's work because I've never seen Girls. However, she did not molest her own sister. She candidly described an episode of childhood sexual curiosity, which is a thorny subject in this climate. If you think you've done something seriously wrong and gotten away with it you don't confess to it on an autobiography. Why do you think Spacey kept himself inside the closet for so long?
    She had some... I guess I'll call them 'episodes' that certainly read sexual in nature in bed with her sister when she was a teen and her sister was a pre-teen. I'm not sure if it's illegal or what, but it's certainly weird and she described it as "grooming" ...I mean, really? Also she's done lots of garbage stuff over the years. She publicly trashed a Brooklyn animal shelter to name just one.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Rooster Teeth and FUNimation cut ties with VA Vic Mignogna following harassment allegations.

I’m finding the knee jerk reaction to that Michael Jackson documentary a little weird.

As a local radio show host said the other day, nothing new was revealed in this doc. It was all stuff we’ve all known and heard for the better part of 30 years. It’s just now been put in a neat little 2 hour package that can be consumed while on your couch.

The sudden removal of MJ music and content from radio and TV is a bit weird.

The part that bugs me is the weird historical revisionism where people are pretending they didn't think Jackson was a pedophile from 1993 through July, 2009. People are all like, "Michael Jackson cast a spell and now that spell's been broken." The fuck he did. We all saw the Martin Bashir documentary. We saw him hold a baby over a balcony. We knew he was a seriously broken individual.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

I was reading some old Iron Man comics and I found this awesome bit about Bill Cosby. Last speech balloon.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Hahaha that's great.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    The part that bugs me is the weird historical revisionism where people are pretending they didn't think Jackson was a pedophile from 1993 through July, 2009. People are all like, "Michael Jackson cast a spell and now that spell's been broken." The fuck he did. We all saw the Martin Bashir documentary. We saw him hold a baby over a balcony. We knew he was a seriously broken individual.
    I don't know. After he died, it was water under the bridge and you could appreciate his music again. Plus, there was always a narrative of "well, maybe he was a massive weirdo that was set-up because he's an easy lawsuit target" put out by his family. Plus Macaulay Culkin, Corey Feldman, and his kids defending him even after his death.

The documentary completely made me rethink all of that, and it's going to take a lot of effort to not hear any of his '80s songs and cringe. If the two accusers are to be believed (and it would take a herculean effort to not believe them with this much smoke and everyone's timelines matching up) MJ was a systemic child molester that went to great lengths to get kids alone and to separate them from their family (all the while also 'grooming' the family too, esp. the moms).

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    I don't know. After he died, it was water under the bridge and you could appreciate his music again. Plus, there was always a narrative of "well, maybe he was a massive weirdo that was set-up because he's an easy lawsuit target" put out by his family. Plus Macaulay Culkin, Corey Feldman, and his kids defending him even after his death.

The documentary completely made me rethink all of that, and it's going to take a lot of effort to not hear any of his '80s songs and cringe. If the two accusers are to be believed (and it would take a herculean effort to not believe them with this much smoke and everyone's timelines matching up) MJ was a systemic child molester that went to great lengths to get kids alone and to separate them from their family (all the while also 'grooming' the family too, esp. the moms).

But, again, all of this is stuff we knew already.

It’s just now in a nice, easy to ingest documentary.

I’m with baby doll on this one. People acting like it’s suddenly news that he was a child molester and general monster have been asleep for the last 25+ years.

I think the big difference now, tho, is that we are hearing the details. It's the difference between reading a headline that a gymnast compound fractured their leg doing a floor routine, and actually watching the grisly footage of it actually happening. Obviously the latter is going to hit harder.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I think the big difference now, tho, is that we are hearing the details. It's the difference between reading a headline that a gymnast compound fractured their leg doing a floor routine, and actually watching the grisly footage of it actually happening. Obviously the latter is going to hit harder.
    Exactly. Everyone knew MJ acted in a really bizarre way, esp. for someone accused once of molesting a kid, and then to keep sleeping in bed alone with other kids. I just didn't know the extent and pathological ways that he both molested the kids and groomed the kids and their families. It completely made me rethink his whole "save the children" persona; that it was a big smoke screen in case anyone accused him of anything. Which as someone that was a fan of his when I was a kid is really depressing. Maybe it's naive but I thought the molestation could have been like "hey little boy let's cuddle... oops I got a boner! heehee SHAMON!" Not that I'm excusing that either, but I could see an instance of things like that exploding if lawyers get involved. But the documentary describes something much more pervasive and deeply disturbing. It also made me seriously wonder if Macaulay Culkin is covering up for MJ to this day. One takeaway I got from the doco is that it's a lot easier to handwave the abuse and even testify for MJ than to come clean that he was molesting you for years. The two men didn't even seem to want to deal with it until they had kids of their own.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 04-11-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7

Maybe Culkin just wasn't his type. I mean, there are only so many hours in a day when you can molest children; you can't molest them all.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

My guess is that Culkin and Feldman were too famous ergo too risky.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    Wasn't Feldman or the other Corey always talking about pedo rings in Hollywood and a lot of other weird conspiracy-sounding stuff? Maybe he was talking about Jackson all that time?

Yeah, I believe Elijah Wood has also stated that he is aware of a child prostitution ring, but won’t name names.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Wasn't Feldman or the other Corey always talking about pedo rings in Hollywood and a lot of other weird conspiracy-sounding stuff? Maybe he was talking about Jackson all that time?
    There were rumors he was referring to Charlie Sheen.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That will go nowhere. Didn't the Brazil team a few years back have group sex with underage girls? One of those girl ended up getting huge positive publicity after the news broke.Can't remember her name.

edit: wow found her. Zahia Dehar and it was the French team.

It'll get as big as the Ronaldo case, which was hardly anything at all.

Europe just doesn't react the same way to these things as America.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I'm really curious what the writing process was like on Chronicle, knowing that.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Eh, he said he banned him from principal photography. Presumably the script was complete.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast