Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    Whether or not one group is more oppressed than the other, or some guy on the internet considers trans women "fake" women, it's indisputable that trans women are more likely to be raped, murdered, or commit suicide than the general population.

Also, all this talk about gender reassignment surgery being foisted unnecessarily upon children in order to satisfy some liberal agenda strikes me as Jordan Peterson-level hysteria. It's far more often the case that people who need the surgery can't access it.

I’m not necessarily talking about surgery. I don’t agree with the practice of “my son likes dolls so he must be a girl and we will raise him as such now.”

And again I know this isn’t some common thing. But it does happen and I don’t think it’s the appropriate way to deal with the child’s development.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah I was reading up on that a month ago or so. So weird.

Fuck. Luc Besson??

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

For or a second I thought I was in the celeb obit thread.

This is worse.

So... What do y'all make of this?
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Oh dear, Morgan Freeman.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting baby doll (view post)
    So... What do y'all make of this?
    Jesus. This story never ends. And the children, one way or the other, are the real victims here.

To those who have become convinced of my father’s guilt, I ask you to consider this: In this time of #MeToo, when so many movie heavyweights have faced dozens of accusations, my father has been accused of wrongdoing only once, by an enraged ex-partner during contentious custody negotiations. During almost 60 years in the public eye, not one other person has come forward to accuse him of even behaving badly on a date, or acting inappropriately in any professional situation, let alone molesting a child. As a trained professional, I know that child molestation is a compulsive sickness and deviation that demands repetition. Dylan was alone with Woody in his apartment countless times over the years without a hint of impropriety, yet some would have you believe that at the age of 56, he suddenly decided to become a child molester in a house full of hostile people ordered to watch him like a hawk.
    I've also considered this point often when thinking about the case. The way I understand it child molesters are unlikely to only molest one child in their entire life.

This thread is really fascinating. I had no idea this existed. My only contribution is one time I posted a defense of Aziz Ansari by a woman writer at The Atlantic on facebook and then some actress friend of mine in Los Angeles got mad at me when I suggested that a woman giving a guy a blowjob seems to be a big sign of "consent" (in the sense that she "consents" to suck his dick, because why else would she have his dick there, not that she "consents" to do anything else with him sexually necessarily).

She later got mad at me and without naming me and reiterated what I had said on her facebook page, and then relayed her own story which consisted of making out with a guy in Los Angeles on a date. Later the guy invited her to his houseboat in Europe. They spent a day hanging around somewhere in Europe (France maybe? I can't remember) and smooching until he did something (not clear what) that made her suddenly unattracted to him. They went back to his houseboat where sex was apparently on his mind and she let him go down on her, but that was all, and she apparently didn't want to do it (but didn't really communicate that to him). Apparently this was all about how women don't necessarily want sex, but men get all pushy and hornball about it and she had like dozens of her girlfriends telling her how sorry they were and how she was a victim (of what, I don't know) and suddenly I felt weird and #metoo'd for even being brought into the discussion even though she didn't name me, as if I was trying to legitimize rape or something. It was all very weird and it left me thinking women are utterly bizarre.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 07-29-2018 at 07:11 AM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    women are utterly bizarre.
    Not all of them, thankfully. I know a few women who I'd say don't have any weird trauma about sex - if they want it, they let you know and the same if they don't. I wouldn't even say they're in the minority, just that the somewhat cuckoo ones who are like Ansari's date are more vocal about their problems.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Actually, gender is entirely a social construct, to the point that it is essentially meaningless. Gender ≠ Sex.

To dismiss something because it is a social construct and thus meaningless seems a bit arbitrary. Are social constructs meaningless? Why are they meaningless?
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Quote Quoting monolith94 (view post)
    To dismiss something because it is a social construct and thus meaningless seems a bit arbitrary. Are social constructs meaningless? Why are they meaningless?
    Yeah, exactly. Most things are social constructs. Doesn't mean we should dismiss them. Driving on the right side of the road in America is a "social construct."
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Luc Besson in the line of fire. Accused by Belgian actress.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Chris Hardwick got his gig back on Talking Dead.

Good.

I hope Chloe Dykstra gets some trouble from all this.

Did she make it up??

Sounds like she at least GREATLY embellished situations, if not flat out made shit up.

Damn. There's not ONE thing mentioning this anywhere (not about him returning, just about what started this). How quickly we damn people when the news breaks but not one thing mentioning the false accusations. No next steps. Nothing.

- - - - -
    Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of ‘Talking Dead’ and ‘Talking with Chris Hardwick.’ We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.
    ^ Notice in AMC's carefully worded statement that they neither claim Hardwick's innocence nor Dykstra's guilt.

So I don't know how you go from there to "flat out made shit up," Meg.

There’s a lot more to read on the situation than just AMC’s statement on him returning to work.

Her claims have been suspect since the second she released them, which is the reason why people were up in arms about Hardwick being fired in the first place. Hardwick even released the text conversations between them, revealing that it was he who left her, because she cheated (not her leaving him due to abuse). And after they broke up she tried to get back together with him for months, and then finally released this abuse story a couple years after.

So yeah, many many signs point towards her making it up.
    Last edited by megladon8; 07-25-2018 at 10:08 PM.

This twitter thread is good:

Yes that does give some very convincing arguments for Dykstra.

I just don’t see it as out of the realm of possibility that she embellished / made things up. I don’t doubt he was probably a shit boyfriend, but I still don’t fully believe what she has said about the abuse.

False accusers can make up very convincing stories to hurt others.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I just don’t see it as out of the realm of possibility
    This seems like a paranoid and ugly way to view the world.

Meanwhile, lol: https://deadline.com/2018/07/writers...od-1202433690/

Are you really saying you don’t think people do and say terrible things just to hurt and mess with each other?

Jen and I have had someone fucking with us for nearly 10 years. They gain absolutely nothing from it. They just don’t like me, don’t like her, and don’t want us to be together.

And for a more apt example, I was accused of rape by a girl who had nothing to gain other than hurting me. And all because her brother had beef with my brother.

People are shit for the most part IMO.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Are you really saying you don’t think people do and say terrible things just to hurt and mess with each other?
    She wrote a detailed, 2700 word Medium post. He offered a generic denial. Why immediately take his word over hers? That's the part I don't get.

To categorically deny her experience, you have to be willing that she's hands down psychotic. That'd she tarnish her name, risk her reputation, and destroy her online presence for ... what, exactly?

I think I explained why I wouldn’t put it past people to fuck with someone for the sole purpose of fucking with them.

And I didn’t “immediately take his word over hers”. He sounds like a dick, and probably a shitty boyfriend. But I don’t see enough to immediately take her words over his, either.

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast