Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

- - - - -

Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

Uh, in case you're still feeling gossipy and want to deep drive into AICN and Knowles:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/billy...4695332846207/

http://www.slashfilm.com/films-state...ilm-community/

Also, from long reads from long ago, but still relevant (and the parts about Drew McWeeny are funny):

http://filmthreat.com/uncategorized/...ical-part-one/

http://filmthreat.com/uncategorized/...arry-part-two/

http://filmthreat.com/uncategorized/...-harry-part-3/

And finally these are worth checking out. Paints quite the picture:

https://drewbyrd.blogspot.com/2013/0...harry.html?m=1

http://www.efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=1159

(I'm fascinated by this because Knowles built a business with $700,000 annual revenue with nothing more than bad writing and a coupla webservers, and everybody involved completely fucked it up.)

Artist Tim Doyle, who used to work at Drafthouse, had the best Harry Knowles gossip:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    The diaper thing and the legendary smell are two bits of gossip I have trouble believing. I don't want to believe it, I don't want to think about it, I don't want to picture it.

Like, I get teenagers lionizing Knowles back in the day, but adults? How did this fucking guy manage to not only survive this long, but thrive?

PS: I heard the Austin Film Critics circle kicked Knowles out, which is doubly funny when you learn who their officers are (dudes from Film School Rejects.)
    Last edited by Irish; 09-27-2017 at 08:03 PM.

I don't find it hard to believe.

There are plenty of even A-list celebs with notoriously bad hygiene and habits. Brad Pitt used to stink to high heaven. One of those "I don't bathe because the body cleanses itself" folks.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Synergy.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In case it's not weird enough, Lloyd Kaufman has decided to stand by Harry Knowles and he's now using Troma to argue and question people criticizing Knowles. Bizarre.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Lloyd's not wrong, he's just an asshole. I wanted to bitch about that all day, but there's no way to do it without coming off like some sorta MRA/ Gamergate whackjob.

The devil's advocating and warning against lynch mobs is expected and old hat language, though I don't think you need to be wrong to be in the wrong (see: "All lives matter.") What I'm finding more bizarre is that instead of just leaving it there he moved on to accusing Scott Weinberg of either lying or covering up sexual assault just because he never exposed the women who told him their stories. That is just plain dumb.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Turns out Harry Knowles is a groper ... and Tim League / Alamo knew about it and did nothing.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/har...se-1201878971/
    This is funny. Sorry, I don't mean the act of Sexual assault which is awful, but what victim Jasmine Baker says here (the red part):

In 1999-2000, Baker was familiar with Knowles and his website, as they often attended the same Drafthouse events. Baker was at a Drafthouse event when Knowles allegedly rubbed up against her buttocks and legs in a way that made her feel uncomfortable. While she was initially willing to consider it an accident, she said that on a later occasion he rubbed up against her again; she confronted him about his behavior, and made it clear that he did not have her consent to touch her in any manner. “He just giggled about it,” she said. On at least one occasion, Baker alleges that he also put his hand under her shirt.
    He, Harry Knowles, is known to frequently insert the word "giggle" in his articles and reviews and the AICN talkbackers grow exasperated and deride Harry because of it, amongst many other things.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I preferred my life when I had forgotten that Knowles existed. Basically, the last 5 years of my life were better than the last few days.

Wonder who the "others" are.

Weinberg has similar qualities as far as what he wants his perception to be, just has weekly breakdowns on twitter it seems.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Starting to feel like we need a separate thread for sexual assault accusations.

(This time, it's Harvey Weinstein.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...expose-1046114

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Time to boycott the Oscars.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Starting to feel like we need a separate thread for sexual assault accusations.
    Sees activity on Match-Cut.

Gets excited.

Bumped thread is The Sexual Assault Accusation Thread.

Has a bad day.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Done.

Come on in, the waters fine.

He's suing lol

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hey was this the big Hollywood sexual harassment secret that was leaked months if not years ago? Names were withheld but people were speculating it was Charlie Sheen? Anyone remember that?

- - - - -
    He's suing lol
    How's that gonna work? He basically admitted culpability in the statement he sent the NY Times.

What a fucking clown.

Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I shouldn't say fans--the teenager was, but other women who came forward were women who work in the games industry. They're not Robinson's employees, so it's not strictly workplace harassment, but Polygon fired him because he used his main twitter handle, the one he uses to tweet about tech and gaming while representing the company, to send these unsolicited gross messages.
    Roger that.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    As usual, I don't have any judgment for victims who are too afraid or ashamed to come forward.
    Do you consider people who work around Andy to be victims? Who witnessed or knew about the behavior?

- - - - -
    OTOH, oooooof. WTF

https://twitter.com/April13Dawn/stat...63352967745536

ETA: "I was later invited by SJ to come out to LA to be on the fam cam, and they put me up in a hotel. Andy stopped by my hotel uninvited and took a dildo out of his bag and tried to use it on me."

https://twitter.com/April13Dawn/stat...57757237784576

Whelp, that's a double wtf.
    Last edited by Irish; 10-06-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Do you consider people who work around Andy to be victims? Who witnessed or knew about the behavior?
    I'm not very familiar with who these guys are or how ScreenJunkies and Joe Schmoes relate to each other, so I might be confusing your question, but I was referring to JTE saying his girlfriend was one of Signore's victims. I assumed he never said anything until now because he didn't want to just out his girlfriend.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ah, found more context.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast